Chapter 1: The Bomb

BOOM! There was an extremely loud explosion right near Brian's hometown of Striaton City. The power went out, so he rushed to the window to look outside. There seemed to be an explosion somewhere around the nearby daycare. He ran downstairs to see if his family was OK. "Steph? Dad? Are you OK?" He yelled as he dashed into the living room.

  Brian was relieved when he saw his dad in his chair and Stephanie staring out the window. "What was that?" She asked. "There seems to have been an explosion somewhere near the daycare. I'm going to go find mom," Brian said as he abruptly left his home.

  Brian ran down route 3 to get to the daycare; where his mother had been working just minutes ago before the explosion. Wow. What could've done something like this!? Brian thought for a while. With an explosion this big... It must be a bomb! Now the real question is who could've done this? Everywhere he looked, people were hurt. He tried to help as many people as he could while trying to find his mother. As he got closer to the source of the explosion, he was in shock. Right near the remains of the daycare house was his mother, lying unconscious.

  Brian pulled out his Xtranciever, his hands shaking uncontrollably. He dialed the Pokémon center in Nacrene City, and asked for help. As soon as the call ended, Brian ran home as soon as possible to tell the urgent news to his family.

  Brian opened the door and told his little sister and father what had happened to their mother, and they all immediately left to see her at the hospital. When they arrived, Brian's mother was starting to wake up. "Mom! Mom what happened? Who did this to everyone? Is everyone okay?" Steph kept on asking her questions. Then she answered in a weak voice, "There were these oddly dressed men who wanted to take all of the Pokémon we were raising. We refused to let them take anything, so they talked, left, and as they were walking out, one of the two men turned and said, 'you and your entire family will feel Team Plasma's wrath soon. You made a bad choice.' I think we can all assume it was them, and this was the wrath they mentioned." Brian was furious. "I'm going to find this so called Team Plasma, and I'm going to stop them! ...At least when I get my first pokémon I will." Brian said with a duller tone towards the end. "Hey, you're taking me with you! Don't forget about me!" Stephanie burst out.

  "It's getting late. You kids head home. I'm going to stay here with your mother." Said Brian's father. As the kids headed home, they looked back at the explosion site. "I hope the police catch those Team Plasma people," Said Steph. "Yeah," Brian added. "Me too."

  Late that night, after Stephanie had fallen asleep, Brian, barely awake, heard a noise outside his door, and thought it was just his little sister getting a drink or a snack. He was wrong.

  The next morning, Brian walked over to his sister's room's door to ask Stephanie what she wanted to eat for breakfast. "Hey Steph." He waited for an answer. "Steph?" He slowly opened the door to find Stephanie's room barren. She wouldn't sneak out... Would she? Brian thought. He decided to look around in her room. After a few moments of investigation, Brian saw something that made him begin to put the pieces together. On the floor right near Stephanie's window, there were many pieces of ripped, gray, cloth on the ground. One of them read 'Team Plasma Sha-' and the rest was torn off.

  "No," Brian reluctantly said to himself, "Team Plasma..? In my house? With my sister gone!?" Did Team Plasma kidnap my sister!?" He stumbled towards the window and saw the lock was damaged and was pried open from the outside. Now, Brian was sure of what happened; his sister was gone.