Chapter 65

A/n: I am not proud of this chapter but I thought I'd at least get something down before my week off finishes. I hope it's okay, as always thank you for reading! 

(BF/N) P.O.V.

I knocked on (Y/n's) door but unfortunately, there isn't an answer. I just sigh.

"(N/n), thanks for putting your share of the rent on the table. I'm going to pay for it and go to my lecture. I'll see you after okay?" I wait, expectations high that she'll say something but the cold disdain of silence meets me instead. "Right, well I'm off, let me know if you want anything. Text me. Bye." I go to try their doorknob again but it's still locked. Of course, what was I expecting?

I grab my bag from the kitchen counter, put my shoes on and head out. After paying rent to the landlord, a petite old woman who sometimes bakes cakes and distributes them to her tenants from time to time, I head to campus.

"(BF/n)!" A voice calls out, I turn around with a smile on my face and as soon as they are close enough I crush them in a hug.

"Hey! How are you this fine day?" I ask Rohan, a warmth enveloping my hand as we walk side by side up to campus.

"I'm good, so get this, my mom called yesterday and she told me to invite you over for dinner. I think she has something she wants to tell us." Rohan brightens, his features, especially his eyes, sparkle with joy.

"Really? I can't believe it! I just hope she's begun to accept us. When's the dinner?" I get a bit anxious; I just want this to go well. I don't want to mess up at the meeting.

"It's in 2 weeks when we go back home for the holidays. Shall I give my mom the okay?" He finishes and I nod making a mental note to mark the day on my calendar. "Are you okay? You seem a bit... down I guess." Rohan adds, noticing my drop of mood from the start. Nothing gets past his eagle eyes, he always has been good at noticing my mood and at times he never asks, waiting for me to talk when I am ready. Honestly, he is such a good boyfriend. I'm really lucky to have him, I feel a warmth in my heart knowing I have someone so great to lean on.

"I'm really worried about (Y/n). It's... the death anniversary of her brother. I know what it's like to lose someone you were close to but I feel so useless. I can't get in because (Y/n) locks herself up every year. She is still learning to open up, I at least got some talk out of her but hearing them hold in cries breaks my heart." I sigh, looking down at the ground.

"I think right now (Y/n) shouldn't be alone. Even if you can't get through the door you can keep checking on them so they don't feel so alone in this grief. Maybe we could go and see her after, buy some food and just remind (Y/n) that they can lean on us." Rohit responds, letting go of our intertwined hands and putting his arm around my shoulder in reassurance.

"Maybe you're right." I smile as we walk into campus for a long day of lectures, seminars and assignments.

(Y/N) P.O.V.

I don't know how long I've been in the same position looking at the ceiling like a starfish. I want to cry more but my eyes are screaming in pain. Lifting myself up, I slowly make my way to the bathroom, red puffed-up eyes and tear streaks greet my face. A great way to spend my Friday off. I wash my face, trying to rinse the memories that haunt me. Sirens, blue flashing lights, lots of blood and his dead eyes...

The doorbell goes off and as much as I don't want to answer, against my better judgement I go to silently open the door. It's as if I am compelled to do so by some unknown force of extreme power.

"Hey Love." (C/n) softly speaks, his eyes with a hint of warmth to it. What is he doing here? Well... I can't very much slam the door in his face, that would be incredibly rude.