Chapter 31

A/n: Thanks for reading! The story doesn't look like it's ending anytime soon though... 

(Y/n) P.O.V.

The second day at the hospital and I feel a pit in my stomach, this is the day the therapist has arranged to come in. Yesterday, it was a barrage of test after test and speaking to doctors and doing exercises for my physical injuries. Dr Jones says I need to stay for about two more weeks for my physical injuries to gradually recover, they don't trust me to stay at home for the moment, I guess. My hospital door opens and I feel my heart lurch.

"Sweetie, the therapist is here, do you want me to stay in here with you?" My mom calls out when she steps into the room. I would feel self-conscious if my mom was around listening, what if I speak my thoughts, what would she think of me? At the same time, I don't want to be left on my own. I don't want to be with a stranger, their job is to just listen to me and I can barely order my thoughts let alone speak how I feel. Look at where speaking about my feelings got me. I shake my head a no and she gives me an encouraging smile, going to hug me and then open the door to greet the therapist and shutting the door, leaving an uncomfortable silence wafting in the air.

"Hello, my name is Miranda Spencer. You're (Y/n), right?" She speaks kindly, approaching as comfortably as she can and sitting at my side. I don't say anything yet but she waits for me to catch up and smiles encouragingly at me. I nod. Today is going to be a long day.

Jace's P.O.V.

I had a half day at work today, Wednesday, the day (Y/n) sees the therapist. (M/n) briefly stopped by and rushed out to work. It's just me waiting for their talk to be over. Lately, everything feels like it's been going round on a fifth gear, no matter how many traffic lights you get to, they are always green. I wanted time to stop, yet I was afraid that if time stopped something else will happen. If I stepped a foot forward, I might have crushed something, so Sean being there and going through this with me helped. It made me realise how alone she must have felt, we all had someone and she didn't think she could turn to anyone.

(B/n), I wonder how you dealt with everything. I remember when we were in our friends group in school, but you lost those friends because of what they said about your sister. Guess you always knew what she was going through. In a way, I'm glad I have a chance to be around her. She is amazing, you said that before with such a bright look in your eyes, so much so that I as a brother figure could say the same thing, but more than that – she's so strong.

I'll try my best to see her smile, the one smile that looks so lost. I hope she says a word to me; anything will do. I just want to hear her voice. If she doesn't speak, I don't know what I'll do. About another 40 minutes later a short, pale, brown haired lady comes out of (Y/n's) room and strides out towards what I assume would be Dr Jones' office. Taking the chance, I leap over to her room, inviting myself in without even knocking.

I rush over to her. Her face hangs down and tears pool around her eyes, she tries her best to hold it in, clutching the bedsheets as hard as she can with both hands. I never thought I would say this in all my life, but I really want to hit that woman! What did she say to make her like this? It's clear she doesn't know how to talk to someone – how did she get her job?

The anger in me fuelled me to hug (Y/n), I warp my arms around her and cradled her, afraid that she'll be lost.

"J... J-Jace. Can't breathe." I hear a meek voice speak out and I realise my hug is crushing (Y/n) so tight that she has gone pale, the tears in her eyes are now sliding down her cheeks. I let go, reaching out to the opposite side of the bed and viciously grabbing the tissues out of the tissue box. I start to dab the three tissues in my hand on her face, drying the water still sliding down. She starts to cry more, her voice becoming more distinct, hearing the pain in her overwhelmed me, I didn't know how to react. I looked at her and tried to sush her cries and make her smile by pulling funny faces. I didn't think it would work and I guessed right because she started to cry louder and even holds onto me with as much energy as she could muster.