The Demon Inside

Every demon could sense the evil which had just awoken. The awaking of high demons were always troubling times. The hell scent of the earth king was now felt across the island of Japan, and all were aware of his newly gained power.

*********

Mephisto felt it even before it reached his ears, the sound of his Ni-san's screams were torturous. They lasted only a few seconds and it seemed as if only Mephisto could hear them.

It had finally began, his naive little brother would soon be able to call himself a true king. However if he was anything like the last holder of the title Mephisto would have a lot of clean up. That meant paperwork.

"I hate paperwork." He said as he poofed, filling the room with pink glittery smoke.

He appeared in his bedroom, and began his search for Amaimon.

He was easily found although unrecognizable. The little one had nearly doubled in size, his dark green hair now hung at his shoulders, and new features adorned his body. He lay unconscious twitching on the floor. Durning the transformation he had clawed out his eyes and was now leaving deep gashes in his skin.

His thick green alligator tail had destroyed the sink, which has caused the room to flood.

The surges of power now flowing through his body could almost be felt moving through the air.

Suddenly he awoke, and growled so loud the walls shook. "What has been done to me!!" His voice strange, almost resembling their fathers. "Brother calm now, you are all right, the effects won't last long."

******

Amaimon fought the rage mounting inside him, his scattered thoughts focusing on the fact his brother was aware of his condition but refused to tell him. "You will tell me." The angry response caught Mephisto off guard. He didn't calculate his brother's instability "I will not." Once the words left his lips he was hit so hard as to be thrown into the wall in the adjourning room. With that Mephisto's world went hazy.

******

I ran, as fast as I could. I don't even care where I'm going but I have to go. I pass people, animals, other demons none of which even seem to see me. I continue until the tears in my eye sockets blind me. I hit something it hurts, a cold numbing pain.

"Aunie...." I cry out, desperate to be found by him I climb. High up, all the way about ten stories to the top of the dam.

"What is wrong with me, brother, brother please save me...."