chapter 6

chapter 6

"soothe me"

song: comfort crowd~conan gray

"tell me what?

i crossed my arms and looked at marcus

"don't worry max, marcus is gonna tell you alll about it." i said giving him a smile.

" fuck you sage! i told you to stay out of my business!' marcus yelled pushing me back.

"well, too bad, it's mine now too! i yelled back, pushing him too.

"if you hadn't meddeled with us, none of this would have been happening right now!"

"shut up both of you!"

max stood in between us and looked us both in the eye.

"now, you two are going to explain every single thing that just happend, capiche?" max spoke in a very stric tone, like a mother to a child.

"it's none of your concern max" marcus shrugged and turned around, focusing back on his painting.

i was just about to yell at marcus again when max started talking.

"with everything that i just heared, i'm pretty sure this IS my concern" max grabbed marcus's arm and pulled him back up.

marcus looked at me with flames in his eyes. i knew this was gonna happen eventually, but that doesn't make it hurt less.

"listen max, sage is making it seem like it's a big deal but it was just a small thing that happend, nothing major.

max sighed and raised her eyebrows.

"a small thing?" she questioned

"it's not a small thing" i spoke up. "not to you".

"alright marcus, stop the bullshit, just tell me."

marcus sighed and sat down on his bed.

"me and sage had sex"

i widened my eyes and looked at marcus.

"NO WE DID NOT" i yelled and pushed marcus, causing him to fall backwards on his back. he was laughing and pushed me off of him.

i turned around and looked at max, she looked at me with wondering eyes, i fixed my hair and sighed.

"we didn't have sex, max, i'm gay.

"right" she answered, sitting down next to us.

"then what is it?"

the second she asked that i saw marcus face fall back into annoyance. he probably thought i would play along with it, no way.

"i told you already, it's nothing big-" marcus started.

"marcus and ginny had sex multiple times" i blurted. i quickly threw my hand in front of my mouth and widened my eyes.

"i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to just blurt it out like that i-" i started

"is this true, marcus?" max questioned.

marcus looked at me, then back at max.

"listen max, it were just mistakes, i don't like ginny, we just got caught up in the moment." marcus tried to explain himself, but i could already tell that max made up her mind.

max stood up and walked out, without even saying another word. marcus called her name a couple of times but there was no answer.

"this is wat you wanted right?" he asked me.

i looked down "i'm sorry, but it was time to-"

"save it, sage" he sat back down and started to make a new painting.

i sighed and walked out.

i didn't really know what to do, was max mad at me? is marcus ever gonna forgive me?

i sat down on the ground, with my back against the wall. i slapped my hand agaisnt my face a couple of times. "stupid, stupid, stupid." i mumbled.

after a couple more minutes of sorrowing i decided to check up on max.

i knocked on her door a couple of times and slowly opened it. i found max sitting in her hang-chair, peeling nail-polish of her nails.

"you okay?" i decided to be sutble, not knowing if she was mad or not.

max looked up at me and i immediatly saw her watery eyes.

"ginny is supposed to be my bestfriend, why didn't she just tell me?" max asked me, her voice sounded just like it did when i first saw her again, small and hopeless.

i crouched down infront of her and put a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"hey, it's okay, she probably has a good reason." i knew ginny didn't have a good reason, i mean, what could have been so important that you couldn't tell your bestfriend that you're in love with her brother.

"how long did you know?" max asked, looking up at me.

i sighed and sat down on the ground below her. i knew this question was gonna come eventually.

"does it really matter?" it tried, maybe she wouldn't even care and let it go.

max frowned in response and i sighed.

"about a week" i whispered

max lowered herself to the ground next to me. she sighed and put her head on my shoulder.

"why didn't you just tell me?" she spoke up, her voice broke and i felt tears rolling down my back.

"i wanted you to hear it from marcus and ginny first." i answered.

"i'm sorry maxie" i caught myself using the nickame i used to call her when we were just kids.

i smiled when she continued talking like she was used to it. "it's fine, at least you didn't fuck my twin behind my back.

i chuckled and positioned myself ahead of her. i frowned at the sight infront of me. max didn't look like she usually does. her eyes were puffy and red, her lip was shaking lightly and from the way she avoided eye-contact i could tell she was holding back tears.

without hesatation, i took her into my arms.

she immediately let out a sob into my hair.

"shh it's okay, let it out." i whispered. i continued whispering comforting words to her till her sobs died down to quiet sniffles and an occasional hickupp.

i kissed her on the head and placed my chin on top of her brown curls. "it's alright love."

max removed her head from under mine and wiped her tears away.

i felt a smile creep up on my face as an idea popped in my head.

"let's go cheer you up now." i took max's hands in mine and pulled her up.

i dragged her out of the house and into my car. max still hadn't said a word so i decided to turn on the radio.

i heard max huff beside me, "where are we going?"

"you'll see." i answered with a smirk.