CHAPTER 4: "I'm Ready"

On Monday at Ravenwood High, Ella was searching for something in her locker until someone shut it closed.

    "Hi, pretty. How's it going with you?" It was Ray Jones.

"You again? I thought I wouldn't have to see you ever," said Ella, annoyed.

  "But now, I'm here, standing in front of you," Ray smirked.

"Whatever, I don't have time for this," she rudely pushed Ray out of her way and left him puzzled.

    "Um, what's her problem?" he thought.

3 periods later, Ella met her friends in the hallway, Kate and Christopher.

  "What's up, El? So, I've been thinking about this: do zombies eat brains because they're hungry for knowledge? Huh?" asked Christopher.

   "Okay, what?" replied Ella, confused.

"Oh, Chris, can you skip that? Your questions sound annoying sometimes," said Kate, rolling her eyes.

   "And how is that annoying, Kate?" asked Christopher.

"Whatever! Ella, haven't you heard about the latest fashion trend? OMG, I have to brag," said Kate as she pressed her phone.

   "One, no. Two, I do none of those, and three, don't you have better things to do besides fashion?" asked Ella.

"Ouch! That's rude; that hurt my feelings, you know. Humph!" replied Kate as she turned away.

  "Well, deal with it," Christopher laughs and turns to Ella. "So, do you think you could hang with us for a while? At the park after school?"

   "Sure Chris. I'd love to."

"But don't you have something else to do, like, ugh? I'll regret saying this, work?" Kate air quoted. "It's like you don't usually hang with us. Even, when was the last time you did?''

   "Ok, I don't know about that. And as for my work, I don't think I would do that anytime soon."

     "Wait, what do you mean?" asked Christopher.

   "I've decided to quit my job!" replied Ella.

"What?!" Christopher and Kate both asked in unison.

"For now."

  "BUT WAIT, WHAT?!"

"Yeah, there I said it. So, get that into your heads. There's no need to be surprised."

   "But why? Won't your dad talk about this?" asked Kate.

"Nah, he won't. He doesn't even know about it. Trust me," replied Ella.

    "Are you sure?" asked Kate.

"Yup."

   "Like, seriously, nothing else?" added Christopher.

"Exactly! Now, before we could go to the park after school, would you like to come with me to where my dad works?"

"That skyscraper with a huge X sign? Hell no. Ella, why should we come with you to that place?" asked Christopher, folding his arms.

   "Alright, for the past few days, since I became stronger and more flexible all of a sudden, I've been doing some exercise and training," replied Ella.

  "But how is that related to what you said earlier?" asked Kate.

   "Wait, you didn't even let me finish. We are going to that place, but on the roof. I want to show guys some of my cool parkour skills," replied Ella.