CHAPTER 7: The Calling

The next Saturday morning, Ella woke up, and she started hearing strange voices in her head. She tried to forget her past nightmares, but it was no use. Later, she got up and took a shower.

   "The sword... the sword of the three spirit wolves..."

Those words whispered in Ella's head. While in her shower, she noticed a strange feeling.

   "The sword of the three spirit wolves is the only way to defeat the evil one. But calling in your inner wolf is far more powerful."

  There and then, she snapped herself out of it and began to wonder, "Why am I getting a feeling that the spirits are trying to talk to me?"

  A few hours later, Ella had her breakfast and left the house. She was off to Kate's place so that she could get help for her date with Ray.

As she was just walking by, she smelled a nice aroma coming from somewhere, and it went through her nostrils. First she tried to resist it; her conscience told her no, but her hungry wolf said, "Go for it!"

   The aroma was coming from a steakhouse. Ella followed the scent, then soon forgot what she was doing. When she got there, it was like paradise, especially when she saw a lot of steak and was craving it. She went up to the counter and saw the menu. But unfortunately for her, the price was so costly that she couldn't afford at least one of them except for the sirloin tip steak with balsamic marinade.

"€23.50 for each? Come on now, these are too expensive! I can't afford any of these," Ella complained.

    "Well, young lady, that's the fair price we can give. So if you can't buy some, beat it!" said the cashier raucously.

"Okay, that was uncouth. But fine, at least give me-"

  "ON THE FLOOR, EVERYONE NOW!" shouted an unknown person with a gun as he bashed into the steakhouse. Obviously, he was a robber.

Screams were heard as the people went down, except for Ella, who went to hide inside the kitchen, unseen.

  The guy walked to the counter and pointed his gun at the cashier. He spoke with a threatening tone, "Hey! Give me all your money, and nobody gets hurt. Fast!"

The poor cashier, trembling in fear, starts to bring out the money and put it in a bag.

  "Come on, man! I don't have all day!"

"I'm going as f-f-fast as I can."

   After the robber finally collected the bag of money, he shot at the ceiling in order to frighten the customers the more.

"Now all of you, give me all your valuables and put them in the bag!"

  Ella left the kitchen through the backdoor, then went back inside the steakhouse as Howling Wolf.

"Look! It's Howling Wolf!" alerted one of the customers.

   "SHUT UP!" shouted the robber.

"Tsk-tsk. You know, bro, you're in a lot of trouble for threatening these people, right?" continued Howling Wolf. "What a waste of time."

   "And why do you care about that, huh? You freak?!"

"Okay, let us make a deal. You return the items you stole, and I'll let you go free, but try to play smart..."
She then protracted her claws. "And this will happen to you. Believe me when I say it."

   "Ha! Do you think I'm going to give these things away to them? Sorry, but you're mistaken," replied the robber as he turned away.

"Ok, you asked for it!"