CHAPTER 11: The Beast Of The Night (I)

Later that day, Ella shifted to her wolf and went to search for Demon Wolf. Apparently, she found him, sneaked quietly into a warehouse, and from there, she saw that he had taken over Eric's body after she forgot to take him with her during the fight.

"Don't worry, boss, I'm going to get that demon out of you," she thought.

    She also shifted back to her human form, but halfly and howled.

"ARH-WOOOOOO!"

She stepped back and hid in the shadows, waiting for the Demon Wolf to appear.

   Demon Wolf did hear the howl and went to where it was located. He broke the doors of the warehouse, seeing Howling Wolf out of the shadows, growling.

"So, you lured me to this place so you could finish me off. What a warrior!"

   "Yeah, and enough talk! It's time to get your butt kicked!"

Howling Wolf moved back, balancing her weight on her left foot, and threw her right fist out in a curved punch at his temple.

She pulled him to her feet, almost tearing his neck with her claws. He heard the slight rasp of skin ripping. That is when she really realized she had stumbled into the clearing to find herself face-to-face with Demon Wolf.

  Turning ninety degrees to the side, he brought his right forearm up to counter the blow, formed a fist with his left, and threw it at her outstretched jaw. She was in trouble. The Demon Wolf immediately strikes the side of Howling Wolf's neck with all his fingers held straight and tightly together.

She responds by using the heel of her palm to strike up under the Demon Wolf's nose. His nasal bones crack as he collapses to the ground, causing him to cry out in pain.

Howling Wolf stands over him, saying, "Ha! How do you like that now, Demon Wolf?"

   "Aargh! You fight like the moon herself—unyielding and relentless. But remember this: darkness has its own hunger. Your blows may crack my bones, but my resolve remains unbroken. I can't wait to crush you to death when I get my hands on you!" yelled Demon Wolf as he brought her down, using his leg against her knee, and he got up.

He breathed out flames of fire, but she swiftly threw herself to the other side of the warehouse and landed on a pile of boxes.

   In the meantime, at Ella's house, Mr. Joe was watching the headlines on his television.

"We just confirmed the city's mayor's orders that every citizen should evacuate their homes immediately. They're now sending on the military and the DSI (Dienst Speciale Interventies) to handle this situation right away."

   "That's it; we can't stay any longer. It's getting dangerous out there. Where is Ella's boss of hers? He said he was going to take us to his bunker," said Mr. Joe.

   "I bet he doesn't even have one daddy, or perhaps he has been possessed by those ghosts, I guess," replied Victoria.

"Well, Vicki, pack your bags. We are leaving now. And get your sister downstairs," ordered Mr. Joe as he stood up from his favorite armchair.

Victoria went upstairs while their doorbell rang.

   "Hold on, please; I'm coming!"

After opening the door, Mr. Joe saw that it was Ella's friends Kate and Christopher. He was surprised to see them and wondered if their parents would allow them to run off in the middle of the crisis. Upon seeing them, they looked so sweaty after all their running.

   "Sorry to step in—woah! Let me catch my breath. May we please come inside, Mr. Johnson?" asked Kate, and both she and Christopher were allowed inside the house.