CHAPTER 12: The Beast Of The Night (II)

In downtown, everyone from their homes was evacuating the city. Many law enforcement officers arrived to make sure the citizens were safe.

"Attention everyone, please move out of your homes immediately! I repeat, move out of your homes immediately!" a police officer with a megaphone announced.

     "I don't know where Ella could be, but I hope we find her," said Mr. Joe.

"And she still owes me my ticket," said Kate.

"Ticket?" they all asked in unison.

    "Yeah, ticket to the 5QS1 concert," she sighs wistfully.

"Uh, hello, Kate? You are aware that we're currently experiencing an unprecedented situation, correct? Is it the tickets or our lives you are worried about? Like seriously?" asked Christopher, annoyed.

   A little girl holding her teddy bear asked a police officer where Howling Wolf was and if she was coming to rescue them. The police officer knelt down, his eyes meeting the little girl's wide, hopeful gaze. The weight of her question hung in the air, and he felt a mix of responsibility and uncertainty.

He cleared his throat, choosing his words carefully. "Well, sweetheart," he began, "Howling Wolf is... a special kind of hero. She's like the wind that whispers through the trees, unseen but always there. Sometimes, she appears when people need her most, and other times, she remains hidden, watching over us from afar."

The little girl's eyes widened further, and her teddy bear clutched tightly against her chest. "But will she come to rescue us?" she pressed, her voice trembling.

    The officer hesitated. He wasn't sure himself. Howling Wolf had saved lives, intervened in dangerous situations, and vanished without a trace.

"Sometimes," he finally replied, "heroes arrive when we least expect them. Maybe Howling Wolf will come, or maybe she won't. But remember this: even if she doesn't, there are other heroes—ordinary people like you and me—who look out for each other. We'll do our best to keep you safe."

   The little girl nodded solemnly, her trust in the officer unwavering. As he stood up, he glanced at the horizon, wondering if Howling Wolf truly existed.

And so, with a gentle smile, he patted her shoulder. "Stay close," he said, "and keep believing. You never know when the wind might carry Howling Wolf to our side."

  "Look! It's Howling Wolf!" shouted an old woman, and everyone that was there saw her. They all cheered seeing her fight with Demon Wolf on buildings from afar. Every person watching the epic fight was so enthralled, watching for the next move.

"I knew you would come. You can do this. We all believe in you," whispered the little girl.

  With the speed of a cat, while the splinters were still hanging mid-air, Demon Wolf spun his body around and swept his foot towards his opponent's head.

The attack was so quick that Howling Wolf wasn't hurt; it actually pushed the assassin a foot and a half into the air.

    She was curious; why didn't that hurt?

"For twenty thousand years, I've been waiting for this moment, and finally, it's happening. The three wise men tried to stop me from ruling this mortal word and had doubts about me, but now they were wrong!" said the Demon Wolf.
   "They were just weak, pointless, and afraid to do so, but look at me now!"

"No, you're the one who is wrong, not the wise men. They knew if you absorbed all the spirits from the spirit world, you'd be uncontrollable and dangerous," replied Howling Wolf.