CHAPTER 10: "Maybe I'm Not Ready To Be A Superheroine"

12 hours later, at Ella's house, Mr. Joe has been walking for minutes, worried about Ella. He noticed she hadn't been at Kate's since the previous day. Victoria was also there, consoling him.

   "Why is your sister not answering any of my calls?"

"I don't know Daddy; the same thing I'm worrying about," replied Victoria, without looking at her dad while texting her phone.

     "Vicki concentrate! Ella is out there alone with this unexplainable storm, and the best thing you could do is look at your phone. Unbelievable!"

"Daddy, relax. I was just asking my friends or anyone else who might know her whereabouts. There should be a simple explanation for why she isn't back by now. I mean, it's not that I don't care. She's my sister, and I'm worried about her safety too."

    Mr. Joe then sighs and says, "Sorry, sweetheart. I know you too well for your undying love for her." He embraces Victoria and continues, "And that makes you a great sister, and she is lucky to have you as such."

  "Aww, thanks, Daddy. It's my duty as a big sister to protect and look out for her."

"Ok, you know what? I am going to involve the police in this case, and I guarantee that we will see her again."

He was about to get the telephone on the table when a loud knock was heard. Mr. Joe tells Victoria to find out who was at their door. She opens it only to see Ella and Eric.

   "Oh, Daddy, look! Ella's home! With her boss."

"Did I just hear you say with her boss?" asked Mr. Joe in the background as he came to the door. "Mr. Eric, thank you so much for bringing my daughter home safely. Where have you been, young lady?"

    "She was helping me with something at my store. I asked her to come because it was very urgent," lied Eric.

"Don't ever scare me like that again, Ella, dear. I'm just glad you're okay. I and your sister have been worried sick. Did you watch the news? Some spirits, if I'm correct, were taking over people's bodies, turning them into monsters and stuff like that."

   "Yeah, dad, I know. That sounds pretty terrifying when you put it that way."

"And that is why, Mr. Johnson, I have to get you all to a secure bunker at my store."

   "Wait, boss, we have a bunker?" asked Ella.

"I thought maybe one day it would be needed in extreme events like this one."

"Thank you once again for your help, Eric. We owe you. As soon as we pack our bags, you'll lead us there," said Mr. Joe.

   "Yes, you and your daughters will be safe there for a while. There's food and water in case, and everything you need to make yourselves comfortable."

  "Ok, dad, I'll go upstairs to my room to freshen myself."

      "Sure, sure, sweetie. You go and pack up your things too."

Upstairs in her room:

"I don't know if I can still stand against the Demon Wolf with my sword when its powers are lost. It's now just a plain old sword, but... hey, it could still be useful in battle," she thought.

  What Ella told her herself was going to work, but not as efficiently and effectively as the powerful howl to defeat Demon Wolf. Ray went to check on his family to see if they were alright and not affected by the spirits. After that, he also volunteered himself to help the unaffected people evacuate from the city's danger zones.

Ella took a deep breath, rolled up her window, and snook out without Mr. Joe or Victoria knowing. But before that, she asked Eric to look after her family while she'd go to stop Demon Wolf and his spirit army. She additionally told him to tell them she went to check on her friends as an excuse if they inquired.