Part 30

"That's enough!" Jiraiya arrived on the scene. Having heard what Tsunade accused them of, he wasn't sure what to think. As it came down to their freedom, the man couldn't sit back and watch anymore.

Naruto eyed Jiraiya with hope in his eyes but then he noticed Sai and Yamato amongst those who stood against them. It almost felt like everyone they knew stood against them, he just hoped their friends wouldn't join that stance.

"Jiraiya..." Tsunade muttered, she hadn't had a chance to see him since the battle with Pein.

"Tsunade, I agree their actions were unwarranted but will you really condemn the very people that saved this village from Pein's attack?"

"Their duty as Shinobi of Konoha were not to-"

"They acted in the best interest of Konoha!" Jiraiya interrupted with a fierce yell "Danzo has caused terror amongst the Shinobi of Konoha, he was linked to multiple disappearances and had connections to Orochimaru. Not only that, when he became the temporary Hokage, he had already made plans to keep it that way" Jiraiya explained.

Tsunade didn't know what he meant about the Hokage position but nevertheless, she couldn't condone their actions "And should I let every shinobi and civilian do what they please? Even if it meant the fall of this village!"

Kakashi sighed. There was no reasoning with her. She was right after all. They acted behind her back and it was all Kakashi's fault for teaching his kids that doing so was necessary. He brought this on them but there was no going back now.

"Enough" Kakashi interrupted.

Everyone stood on guard as they waited for the man's next words. The group could feel it, his students included, something was about to happen.

___

"Prison doesn't suit you" A voice came from the shadows as Itachi leaned against the wall in his cage.

He glanced to toward the voice with curiosity.

Kakashi stepped forward with a calm expression.

"Must be the colors" Kakashi joked.

Itachi sighed "What do you want?"

"Well, I've got some time to spare so I thought I'd break you out." Kakashi stated as he unlocked the cage. He waited patiently for Itachi to leave but once he realized the stoic male wasn't moving, he sighed.

"That spare time is ticking by. I'm only here as a clone. My team and I are currently being surrounded by the Hokage and Anbu black ops for the suspicion of killing Danzo" Kakashi explained yet still received no reaction.

"Your brother would be the main suspect to that" Kakashi stated.

After a moment of silence, Itachi slowly walked out of the cage until he stood before Kakashi. The Uchiha looked at the clone with his Sharingan activated "Take me to him"

___

The air felt thick with tension as Sasuke struggled to control his breathing. His fight with Danzo was starting to take a toll and with no medical aid so far, he was reaching his point of needing rest soon. If a battle broke out, Sasuke feared he wouldn't be able to uphold his position in the team.

Kakashi knew this, of course. The situation stood against their favor but he had other tricks up his sleeve.

"Tsunade, I understand where you're coming from. I would restrain us as well if I were in your position. But I'm not" Kakashi spoke to the Hokage with intensity, capturing her gaze with utmost determination.

"Kakashi..." Tsunade muttered with furrowed brows.

"We are not your enemy. Konoha is our home. Everything we have done was to protect it."