Part 38

Sasuke and Itachi walked through the village with content as they'd just finished training session. They hadn't walked peacefully together in the village since before the Massacre.

Sasuke wasn't attached to Itachi's back like he used to be. That would be a little awkward but the two walked side to side. 

"Oii!" A voice yelled from further down. The two Uchiha came to a halt as noticed Naruto coming closer with a smiling Hinata by his side.

"Hn" Sasuke grunted as he eyed Hinata. She was around Naurot more and more these days and he was starting to wonder if perhaps he was supposed to be making an effort in knowing her but he quickly realized he didn't care. It was merely a passing thought.

"Naruto-san" Itachi greeted as they stopped in front of the two "Who is this?" He kindly asked, seeing how shy the woman before him felt.

Naruto glanced at Hinata with a fond smile "This is Hinata-chan! She's from the main branch of the Hyuuga clan so she's really strong and she even fought again Pein!" The blonde proudly stated causing the purple-haired woman to flush with embarrassment as the attention was put on her. 

Itachi noticed how uncomfortable she was becoming and gently smiled "It's a pleasure to meet you, Hyuuga-Sama"

Although it wasn't necessary for him to add her branch, he knew those kinds of things were important in clans, and seeing as the two Uchiha held clan positions with high regard, he figured they'd show more respect for her.

Hinata grew redder as she brought her fist up to her chin "O-Oh, just Hinata is fine, I-It's nice to meet you as well, Uchiha-san. N-Naruto-kun told me about your pardon. C-Congratulations" She smiled politely. 

Sasuke quickly glared at his teammate for running his mouth to which Naruto sheepishly smiled at him.

Itachi glanced at the two with an amused smile before turning back to the woman "Thank you. May I ask, were you two on a date perhaps?" Itachi questioned with a sly look in his eyes.

At this point, Hinata's whole being had turned red whereas Naruto grew a soft blush over his cheeks "Y-Yeah, we were" Naruto suddenly stated as he turned to Hinata with a soft smile, who was already looking at him in surprise at admitting it. Many men would have tried to save face lest they were teased by their comrades. 

Sasuke raised a brow as he eyed the Hyuuga. He was never really fond of their clan due to their stuck-up attitude's but Hinata didn't seem to be like the usual Hyuuga. 

Itachi smiled "How did it go?" He asked the two as they once again glanced at the other.

"It was-"

"Hello" Another voice suddenly joined the fray, giving Naruto a mild heart attack as he'd been so focused on what Hinata was going to say.

They all turned to see Sai standing between Hinata and Itachi. 

"Sai?" Naruto muttered with a frown, he'd completely forgotten about their other teammate.

"It's good to see you're back in the village, Naruto, Sasuke." He smiled with surprisingly more emotion in his eyes than they'd ever seen in him, albeit still wasn't the normal amount a human should be able to express.

"Hn. This is Sai, he and another captain joined Team 7 when we went on the mission to save the Kazekage" Sasuke introduced Itachi. 

"Hello" Itachi smiled back, understanding all too well the kind of person Sai was. 

Sai turned to the older Uchiha "It's a pleasure meeting you, Uchiha-san. I had heard about the Uchiha massacre, you must be really strong to take out so many in one night but I'm glad you were pardoned for it" He bluntly stated.