CHAPTER 18

MEW EZEKIEL

Several months past...

I parked the car and stop the engine. I grab some shopping bags from the backseat, and went out of the car. When I open the main door, all I hear was an eerie silence.

"Baby? Ansel?" I called. But no answer.

I placed the bags on the couch, and started to walk to the kitchen. But it was empty too. I wonder where could they be?

I run up the stairs only to hear soft giggles from the nursery room. I walked quietly towards that direction and slowly opened the door. I was welcomed by a very beautiful sight.

My wife, and my son playing happily together. They were doing this acting what animals it was showing in the screen and Gulf will act with animal sound that will earn a chuckle from Ansel.  They were so focused on what they are doing that they didn't even notice that I was leaning on the door frame while watching them.

It was Ae who shot a glance at me first and I swear damn hard, that smile he gave me makes all my tiredness from today's work disappear.

"Da-da!"

And when my wifey turns towards my direction, everything turns into slow motion as he slowly smile at me.

"Love! You're home. I didn't hear the car and the door. I'm so sorry."

He immediately picks up Ae and walks towards me. I give him a soft kiss on the lips while I kiss our son on the forehead. I looked backed at my wife again and I wasn't able to realize that I've been looking at him long enough for him to notice.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.

"Nothing baby, I'm just mesmerized on how you look good even though you're only at home. "

He looks at himself and slightly punch me at the chest "Stop it. I now I look a mess. I was sweating hard and haven't dressed that we'll."

Well, what he says is true. But then, he will never see how those sweat makes him blush a little and that sweat can make him look a little hotter.

"No baby. Whatever you wear, even though you won't shower. You will still look good. Now, who wants dinner?"

They both raise their hands and laugh together. I carry Ae down the stairs while holding my baby's hand.

Aaah. Home sweet home.

*********

I was working out on the patio early in the morning when I saw a courier at the front of our gate carrying a small box. Thinking that it is for me or for Gulf, I went to the gate and open it. The delivery man handed me the box and make me sign a paper. I thanked him and went inside.

I brought the box into the kitchen and put it on the top of the island counter. I took everything outside the fridge for the breakfast I'm planning to make for my two baby.

I decided to check the box and one thing that I did notice is that, there is no return address. I carefully opened the box and I was surprised to see photos of my family.

A picture of Gulf at the patio working on his sketches.

A picture of Ae in the garden playing with his papa.

A picture of my mother in law when she came back home from a vacation.

And there's a lot more.

I am still rummaging the photos when a letter caught my eye.

And when I read the letter, cold shivers immediately run downy spine.

For fear.

And from anger.

"You have a very beautiful family. But we all know that the kid isn't yours. Give him back where he belongs, and we will keep you, and your husband  alive."

********

AN: I just want to write and post this before I run out of idea again. A double update for you loves. Thank you for reading.