Ch. 34

*Day after bad news..

Alys p.o.v:

Today was the day that Id ask my mom is maybe she would let me bring a friend and if she says yes. Then I was taking Harry..

"Mom?" I said walking up her as I touched her shoulder she jumped. "Oh hey sweet heart. What can I help you with?" "Well mom... I mean after dad, dare I say it, ........ passes" the words burned my throat to say. "I thought that maybe id need at friend to be with me for you know support...?" she sighed and put her hand on my leg. "I dont know.. id have to take care of them and make sure nothing happend to them an-" "Mom! Ill help you please?" "Fine.. but only if it is 100 percent okay and I need to talk to their parents.." "Thanks mom!" "Who are you planning on bringing if they can go?" I breathed in and hesitated biting my lip awkwardly..

"Mom... I want to bring Harry.." she laughed silently.. "You love this boy.. dont you Aly?" she looked into my eyes. I just looked down and said. "Yes mom with all my heart. Thats why ive been so pissy.. also why I snapped at you.. I didnt want to hurt you.." "How about I think about it and Ill tell you later?" I nodded when she hugged me and got up and kissed my cheek.

I got to my room and get my phone and I dial Harry.

"Hello?" his voice through my phone. "Hey Harry I need to ask you something." "Sure wh- are you alright?" I chocked back tears "Uhm no Harry.. im not going to lie to you.. im not.." "Why dont you tell me whats up?" "Thats why I called... My dad was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer meaning that he only has certain amount of days to live and... hes down to his last few weeks..." "Dam..." "And my moms letting me that I can bring a friend and I said you." "Me? Wow she let you?" "Yeah I was surprised too." "Well how about I cal you later to tell you?"

"Oh and Harry one more thing..." "Yeah..." Im moving back to New York" there was no words from him. The silence was almost deadly.. "Yo-Your moving back? When?" "When we get back from that week were going.." "No" he almost groaned. "I wanted to tell you now because it would hurt too much in New York.." "No no I get it. Il-Ill ask my mom.. Okay?" "Alright.."

With that we hung up and hoped for the best...

Harrys p.o.v:

I sat in silence looking down at my phone.. "Who was that?" "...Aly.." "Oh what did she say?" "Not that you would care because i know you hate her guts but.. Her dads at a matter of weeks.." "Wait till hes.." I just nodded. "Wow I feel so bad for her.."

moments later my mom walked in with Erikas mom. They were smiling. I told Erika to just smile it off. "Listen just dont tell anyone about this. Alright?" "I wont.. Ive changed Harry.. Im not like that anymore." "Good" I hugged her.

As they walked out the door my fake smile dropped. "Harry? Everything alright?" "No.. Alys dad only has 2 weeks to live from yesterday.." I sat down "Oh my... and?" she sat by me "Well shes also moving back to New York." "NO! I liked Aly she was amazing and she was always happy an-" I looked up at her with sad eyes. "You get the point.." she said seeing that this wasnt helping so she stopped. "She asking me to go with her to New York that week?" "Well I-I need to talk to her mother first about it but I will try my hardest.." "Alright.." "I gave her a kiss on the cheek walking to my room..

___FEW HOURS LATER___

I was watching tv on the couch and my mom was on the phone with.. well I didnt know..

She started to walk down the stairs still on the phone. "Yeah... okay... no its fine...Yeah ill tell him.... no no no thank you!... bye..." She hung up. I looked at her and asked who it was since it involved me anyway.

"Who was that?"

"Alys mom"

"About new york?"

"Yeah!"

"And she said-"

"That you can go!"

"Yes!" I said half happy yet sad. I felt bad that Aly had to go through this. I can just imagine her face when it all happend.. Her face sad with her face drenched in tears.. I quickly shook the image out..