Chapter 9: A New Echo

During the debriefing, Crosshair and Macawi stood away from everyone and he recounted the mission to her from his viewpoint. She tapped his chest with the back of her hand once Rex mentioned that he thought the algorithm that the Separatists were using was actually Echo. That was interesting enough to her to actually pay attention. Once the debriefing was done Obi-Wan just wanted to talk to Rex, and Hunter, along with Anakin.

"The ship should be empty," Crosshair whispered as they left, watching Wrecker and Tech stop to wait for Hunter.

She glanced at them as well, biting the corner of her lip.

"We should have a few minutes."

He put his arm around her shoulders as they walked, not really hurrying. Just a few minutes alone was nice enough.

"And where do you think you're off to?" Obi-Wan had caught up to them.

"My ship," She retorted.

"I need you for a few minutes."

"Whatever it is can wait, I'm busy." She smirked, glancing up at Crosshair, he was smirking as well.

"And what's so important?"

She stopped, sighing. "My sexual wellbeing." She whispered to Crosshair. He chuckled, taking his arm off her shoulders.

"What do you need, Obi?" She saw the smirk had gone off Crosshair's face at the nickname.

"The Council would like your opinion on this mission. You know Clone Force 99 the best."

"The Bad Batch," she corrected, walking over to him.

"They've never wanted my opinion before."

Kenobi ran his hand through his hair, taking a breath.

"I'm asking. It's important to Captain Rex, so it's important to Anakin. You know how The Bad Batch operates. You could convince the Council to approve the mission." He took her hand, almost pleading with her.

"I don't think they would listen to me." She took her hand out of his hand as Crosshair walked up behind her.

"Problem, Commander?"

"No." She started walking away with Crosshair.
"So, what we talked about earlier."

She stopped, turning around again. He wouldn't dare blackmail her. She glared at him, seeing that he was being serious.

"I would like to be with my team."

"It won't take much time."

Crosshair scoffed, walking up to Obi-Wan and glaring down at him.

"The Commander said 'no',"

Obi-Wan took stock of him for a moment.

"You're quite protective of her."

"We all are."

Macawi got between them, worried Crosshair was going to throw punches. Obi-Wan looked perfectly calm, while Crosshair looked like he was ready to fight his superior.

"Okay, boys. Let's just step back. I'm sure it'll only take a few minutes, Crosshair."

He huffed, backing off.

"Is that an order?"

She held back a smirk, nodding. She followed Obi-Wan. The Council talked for a while before Obi-Wan finally gave her an entrance to talk.

"You want to know if Clone Force 99, A.K.A, The Bad Batch, could plausibly complete this mission to Skako Minor. Yes, they can. They've accomplished more difficult missions than this infiltration without me. Having two Force-users, and Captain Rex I think this will be a very easy success."