Chapter 11: Nonstop

Macawi was practicing with a pistol in the blaster range with Crosshair instructing her. He kept correcting how she was holding it, her stance, and minute things she thought didn't make a difference. She was hitting the target with accuracy.

"Keep your eyes on the target," Crosshair chided.

She turned towards him, shooting the target in the head while holding eye contact with him. He shook his head, smirking.

"Very attractive."

She turned back to the target, shooting a few more times before replacing the blaster in the holster they had gotten her.

"Not bad, but it could be better." He strode over, shooting the target with perfect accuracy.

"I've only been doing it for a few hours."

"I'll do you for a few hours."

"Shut up." She tried to grab the toothpick out of his mouth, but he grabbed her wrist. He pushed her against the partition, whispering in her ear.

"Is that an order?"

She blushed, pushing him off and adjusting her clothes. He smacked her ass as she walked past, which made her blush harder.

"My room in ten minutes." She mumbled as she walked away.

"Whatever you say, Commander."

She had just started the shower when the doorbell rang. She sighed and wrapped a towel around herself.

"I'm going to kill whoever it is."

"I'd like to see that."

Opening the door she saw Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, and Echo standing there geared up. Upon seeing her in nothing but a towel they all found somewhere else to look.

"We have a mission if you would inform Crosshair."

"Fine. We'll be right there." She closed the door in their faces, groaning. It hadn't even been a week since they had been back. She stalked back to the bedroom to get dressed.

"We.."

Crosshair cut her off, "I heard." He watched her for a few moments before getting up.

They stopped by the barrack to grab a few things before heading to the ship. That mission started a string of missions that turned into a month. Two months became four. They were almost kept on a consistent string of missions, occasionally taking some time between to relax. It felt like the war was nearing its end.

The group was relaxing on the ship on one of the rare days they didn't have anything to go do. Macawi looked over the five clones, wondering something.

"Have any of you thought about what happens after the war?"

"What do you mean," Tech asked for clarification.

"What will you do once you don't have a war to fight?"

They looked between each other, not having an answer.

"We've not thought about it," Hunter replied.

"Honestly, I haven't either." She looked over at Crosshair. She hadn't even thought much about their relationship.

Crosshair glanced over at her when he saw her staring. He slid over to where she was sitting on the floor.

"Credit for your thoughts?" He whispered. The others had started discussing possible outcomes for after the war.

She was quiet for a minute before replying with another question. "What are we to you?"

He searched her face, trying to determine that himself.

"Lovers."

She nodded, feeling disappointed. He draped his arm over her shoulders. She placed her head on him, closing her eyes.

"Also, something I want to continue." He tucked some loose hair behind her ears.

"I want it to continue, too."

They sat there enjoying the others' warmth and company, listening to the rest of the group discuss what civilian jobs they could see each other doing.

"Crosshair, I-" She was interrupted by the beeping of an incoming communication. Break time was over.