Chapter 10

I was back in school after the long week finished. My. God.

I had to be back on a Wednesday didn't I? The day where everyone is rushing around and I don't even know why?! I still had my crutches, but it was just in case. I'm going to use it to my advantage to get out of sport today. I'm a really skinny girl so I suck at sports.

European Handball is my specialty though. Being in goals is where I live for that game, because its really quite easy to deflect a ball away from the net. Hopefully we aren't doing that today.

As I push my way through the crowds, a familiar head comes towards me.

Jed.

"Hey Cherry! Where've you been?" he calls, walking towards me. "Why are you using crutches?"

Sam didn't want anyone to know about her father's abusive ways, so Abigail and I swore not to tell anyone.

"I fell backwards off a rock when I was jumping around a creek and the rock hit my lower spine and it was damaged a tiny bit, but they said I should use these in case anything happened. Taking precautions they said."

Thank god I have that ability to think of something irrelevant to a situation. I don't even know why I don't do Drama.

"Ouch." he frowns and scratches the back of his head. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something. Can we talk in private?"

"Sure."

Slowly, I follow Jed as he pushes through the crowds. We eventually came out of the crowds and at the front of the school.

"I've wanted to ask you this for a while, but I didn't know you so I thought you would say no. But, now that we sort of know each other, I want to get it off my shoulders."

"Okay..." for some reason, I had this weird feeling. I don't even know what it was.

"W-would you like t-to go out on a date with me?" he stutters.

A date?! Heck, I haven't even been on one!

"Um..." Jesus, this is probably one of the hardest decisions of my life, harder than the one about a question on a multiple choice question!

Wow Cherry, really? A multiple choice quiz?

"My dates are a little different from normal ones, not like those fancy ones in diners and crap." I felt my cheeks getting hot.

"Sure, I don't see why not." I finally say.

"Phew. That got lifted off my shoulders." he smiles at me, which I kindly return.

We stay quiet for a bit, until I noticed that he was leaning in slowly. Before I knew it, I was leaning in slowly too. Eventually, our lips touched and we kissed. A small static shock went up my spine. My lips tingled after Jed pulled away.

"Um...sorry." he says. I noticed that his cheeks were getting redder.

"Its okay, I liked it."

The bell rang, signalling for us to go to class.

"Hey, call or text me tonight, okay?" he hands me a piece of paper with his number on it.

"Sure." we walk into the building together and then go our own ways. Well, I sort of inched myself into the building, due to the crutches.

When I arrived at English class, I had a smile plastered on my face, and all through the lesson, and all throughout the day, all I could think of was him.

~~~~~~

OH MY GOSH THEY KISSED! FINALLY!!

I actually fangirled over my own story, wow that's sad. (Not really, haha.)

I'm so glad I got this chapter done. I'm supposed to be doing homework right now, whoops. (My parents don't need to know!)

Anyways, until next time! See you pretty people later!

~Julia