Chapter 6

Saturday. It's too hot today. Of course I had to choose this day to go.

I dress into jeans and a short sleeved shirt, then put on my running shoes, specifically used for Paint ball. I tie my light brown hair into a high pony tail and walk downstairs.

"Jeans on a day like this?" my mother questions when I walk into the kitchen. "You'll roast!"

My jeans had faded due to the sun and had rips in them from falling over and scraping them in my early days of Paintball. Some patches had colours on them since the paint didn't wash out properly.

"I wear these jeans every week mom, its normal. Besides, I might as well make myself look decent."

"Yeah I guess you're right."

I pulled out a box of cereal and poured myself a bowl of cornflakes. When I got the sugar out, I made sure I put a lot on to keep myself going throughout the day. If I didn't, then I would starve and wouldn't be able to play well.

I started playing when I was thirteen. My mother was looking for me to do something since I was going through a state of depression. When she found paint ball, I got into it very quickly. I didn't mind all the pains and bruises from the balls hitting me, that was part of the fun.

"That's way to much sugar Cherry!" she says looking at my bowl of cereal.

"It's only to get me through the day, I don't do this every time I have cornflakes."

I sit in front of the television and eat my cereal while watching kids shows. It brought back many cute and funny memories I made as a young one.

"Cherry! I have to go now, I'll drop you off, ok?"

"Ok, just let me grab my paint ball gun!" (I have never played paint ball before, so lets just say she got her own customised paint ball gun.)

-

When we arrived, there were more people than I expected. Boys were lining up for guns, padded clothing, extra paint bullets, and there were no other girls there, besides two. Me and another girl that looked like she knew what she was doing, but actually didn't.

She had herself positioned so her chest was sticking out and that her butt was pushed out, making it seem larger. She had blonde hair, skinny-ish and was wearing extremely short pants, so short you could almost see her butt, and a short shirt. Most of her skin was showing.

When a boy walked past her, she would batter her eyelashes at them and air kiss them. Most of them smiled, but some were just like: You're not gonna last long in there if you keep doing that.

"Sorry Cherry, I gotta rush. Have fun!" she hands me $50 dollars and quickly walks off and towards her car.

I walk over, line up and pay for the games that I was going to play today. They give out chest protection for the ladies to protect their chests. Men get a groin protection thingy, to protect down there. When I got some extra paint balls (500 extra), my chest protection and my helmet (To protect the face), I see that the girl was walking over to me along with two boys.

"Hi girly." she sneers. "I can already tell that you're going to make a fool out of yourself. Why don't you just back down?"

While she was telling me bullshit, I loaded my gun and put the spares in a ammo holder which I clip around my waist. Then, I slip the protection over my chest and put the helmet on.

"Just wait until you know what it feels like to have a giant bruise over your pathetic little face." the boys chuckled a bit.

I rolled my eyes at her. "I have been doing this since I was thirteen, I know what I'm doing."