* Glam Night * Part I

It is well known that with determination one can achieve anything, as well as that a job well done is rewarded, I, Rebecca Harrington, since I left college in my early 20s with a degree in journalism, I had job offers in different magazines and newspapers, because I stood out for honorable mention and sent various articles wherever I could. Among the offers, I opted to work in a fashion magazine.

I started as an assistant in the creative area, then I was a columnist to later become a reporter on the Hollywood red carpets and awards shows, I even interviewed stars like Ralph Macchio, Kevin Bacon, Cher and Silvester Stallone. Not bad for someone under 30, even the boss once said that, my person attracted many people and the interviews were easier. Tom Cruise on one of those occasions tried discreetly to touch my butt while I asked for an autograph during a photo shoot.

The consequences of being successful in this branch of the fashion industry is that my social life was limited, my parents moved to Illinois to have a more peaceful life, so we hardly have any dialogue. I can only say that thanks to the good salary I have to have a cozy 1976 Cadillac Eldorado car and a house in Malibu. The only company were the colleagues from the newspaper, among them three girls from the social area, my direct boss and two boys from the design area, with whom I sometimes met in the elevators or dining room. Of the times they even invited me to a party, which I was unable to attend, to cover a story.

The general director William Eissenberg's health had decayed, therefore he had to travel to Germany with his trusted doctor and would have an internment at the clinic where he works. One Friday the 13th before he left he personally commissioned me to run his empire, as if it was his most precious treasure, at least, as far as he was recovered.

. "I honestly thought that the position would be entrusted to your eldest son, sir." Such phrase made him laugh loud, and when he could catch his breath back, he replied.

-. No, no, my dear Harrington, my son is a complete idiot, he dedicated himself to the priesthood. You're more dedicated and trustable for business -

Great responsibility but I was ready to take it, with the weekend just around the corner it would start on Monday first thing in the morning. When the whole building heard the news, one of the colleagues even suggested that the new position should be mine permanently, flattering but inappropriate for the situation.

Another named Laura mentioned that we should all go out to celebrate, I couldn't resist the idea. So I was going to the Troubadour that night with Laura, Jennifer and Ashley at 9:30 pm. I said goodbye to the staff and thanked their courtesies to go home to get embellished.

Arriving in the middle of 8:00, in what I was choosing from my wardrobe, I put a Van Halen album on the turntable, I had a huge music collection. I would go with a white crop top that highlighted my bust, a shiny black skirt fitted at the hips and with a slight opening in the middle. I would wear dark stockings and comfortable black sneakers. As accessories I opted for shiny earrings and a matching necklace.

My red hair was abundantly wavy and long, with a fringe that gave me a sophisticated touch to work with but now everything would have a bit of an aquanet-set crepe. The makeup was not so heavy, it highlighted my red lips and honey eyes whose lashes were long.

When I left the house, I took my bag with the essentials and a black jacket that matched the skirt, being the same type of fabric, I stopped the record, put lotion on and closed the house tightly. The place where I met the girls was not very far, so I took a taxi so, to not expose my car.