XI. Back for more

The crazy life was fleetingly over, the music of the 80s is still listened to despite Nu Metal, pop and other emerging genres, the clothes of that decade are imitated today

I continued teaching at a prestigious school in Los Angeles, the house in Santa Monica was sold in 2002, with a price enough to buy a smaller property in Downtown, there were many memories in the place, both good and bad.

Before putting the house on sale, I had a meal with Arthur my first husband; he asked me to consider him first to acquire the property, so he could live there in his retirement years, I agreed as the last few years he had shown a quite favourable change of attitude.

It was also thanks to him that I was able to get close to Hailey, but we didn't see each other immediately, I was happy to hear that she managed to overcome her addictions and married a good man, now I'm a grandmother.

Talking about marriage, two were more than enough for me, the number of couples after my last separation is small, nobody can't refuse the warm of someone else body, just ocassionally, but that's it.

•May•

I get a voicemail from Emily, sounding very disturbed "Laura, we need to go to Nashville as soon as possible, dad got arrested for a ridiculous sue that Denisse filed, she's accusing him of domestic violence, please come with us".

What a situation, even though I had lost contact with Vincent for years, I felt I couldn't leave him and alone nor his daughters, who had become so important, I confirmed that I would help them with this and asked for time to pack a suitcase.

I required authorization at work to be absent. But in order to defend my friend, I would call a good lawyer that Arthur recommended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at midnight because the call from headquarters was around 9 pm, they would not let him out until the next day, but they allowed us to visit him, in the cell where he was being held.

«Vinnie, 13 years of not seeing and you still generate inexplicable nerves in me».

They went in earlier and when their time of the visit was over, they came out and mentioned that the man had no idea I was coming, they wanted it to be a surprise. Poor thing, it was cold and he had nothing to cover himself with, found in a bed with his head down low, he had gained a little weight over the years, but still wearing classic long hair and a worn look. Always so androgynous.

(". I heard a sweet voice that called my name, the clicking of heels announces her arrival, in the gloom of this nauseating dungeon, I see an elegant woman approaching, for God's sake it's Laura, I've been shitty to her and yet here she is. Again this accelerated rhythm takes over my chest, like every time I see her".

Vincent's thought)

He got up in a hurry to meet me at the gate, we couldn't resist holding hands.