VIII. Heaven Sent

1991

~November~

Feeling that I had finished healing wounds, I decided to devote more time to Donald Dokken. Calling him at his home one day, I could notice excitement in his voice.

-Hello, Beautiful, it's good to hear from you. I wasn't expecting this surprise.- 

-I'm glad to hear from you Don, listen, I know it's been a while but do you want to go out for coffee?.-

-Nothing would make me happier. Don't think I've given up on you already.- 

-I felt like it, I missed you. I'll see you this Saturday. Okay? 

-I'll be glad to, in fact, I'm coming to your house myself.- 

-All right, I'll wait for you in the evening.-

~Later that saturday~

I didn't know what to wear for the occasion, wanted to look pretty enough for him, so, after an hour of looking for something cool, I finally decided for a black dress, a little bit higher than the knees, and a pair of slippers of the same color, my hair was brushed in a very classy way. He would come at 8 pm, so I prepared some coffee, snacks and, in case the occasion required it, brought some wine. 

He arrived and, after greeting me, stroked my cheek. <<.Control yourself Laura>> i thought while a sensation of euphoria invaded me inside. Closed the door and invited him to sit in the living room, and drink that coffee we talked about. Every minute that passed away was treasured, I told him part of what had happened in France, the positive changes I noticed in my daughter, and although he asked about my relationship with Vincent, of which he was aware, I mentioned that it had already ended, and not on the best of terms.

-He's an idiot, not only for hiding the detail of his family, letting you go, more than once. -

-.Maybe the best was not to go with him.-

-.Silly boy, I'd have kidnapped you.- obviously it was a joke, his laughter is charming.

He sat closer, caressed my cheek, again. 

-Don, you're a sweetheart, anyone would tell me to go to hell if they knew I went with Vincent to France. And after all this time of courting me.-

-No, I understand that you had to close the chapter with him. And I've liked you for a long time. -

-Don, you're aware that I've built a reputation for myself, don't you care?.- he laughed tenderly, showing understanding.

-. I had a wild season too. But I put that behind me too. It's more scandalous when you're a rockstar.-  I nodded sheepishly.
-. And even that, you still wouldn't give up on me.-
-I'd be a fool if I wasn't with a woman as special as you're.-

We kissed, and then there was a blackout. I wanted to look for another source of illumination, but he took my hand for stop and kissing me. When we were in the living room, we lay down so that he was on top of me. You can imagine what happened next.
-.Don, I missed your touch.- said while I was hugging him tenderly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We hanged out again and again, not to have sex and every time we were horny, but as a real date, to get to know the each other in depth, the more i knew about him, the more i wanted to discover every detail of his person, he is a sensitive being full of poetry in his heart, the same poetry that helped him to compose so many great hits.