IX. Children of the grave

The very next months, I dedicated my time to prepare a room for our new baby, the living proof of the love that Don and I share. He bets it would be a girl, on the other hand I thought it would be a boy 'Brenton' and 'Meredith' were heading the list.

I still work, but not with the same rhythm as always. Is cute, even when Don has upcoming songs to release with his band, dedicated the most time to me, also he took me to the studio for not leaving his beloved alone.

But there was something that was worrying me since that party, never saw Hailey so drunk, and finding that his boyfriend was found unconscious because of drugs, something in my head announced that I should pay more attention to her. Visited them, accompanied by Don. The idea of having a little brother seemed nice to the red haired girl, but I could detect some jealous coming from her. About their consume of substances, they swore it was a matter of experiment, the first times I visited them there was no trace of drugs. She drinks sometimes. But my mother's instinct remained alert.

The last occasion we were at the house, I saw Hailey with a hellish hangover, so warned her to have control of his parties, and even when my husband didn't want to worry me, finally told that he could see a pair of pickets on Lyle's forearm. So one day we just decided to make a surprise inspection.

No one that opened the door, luckily I saved a duplicate in one of the fake stones of the garden, so we entered. All I could think was:
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?
In the living room, there were a pair of young guys, some of them laying on the floor, a pair of girls over the sofa. Empty bottles of alcohol on the table and carpet.

Don put a hand on my shoulder, telling with a soft voice:
-.baby calm down, remember that you are delicate.-
-She will listen to me immediately!.- one of the guys was waking up, just in time to ask him abruptly where Hailey is.
"Upstairs... I think" and was falling asleep again, but I shaked him.

-.Get the fuck outta here.-
.-hey lady you can't...-
-.NOW!!.- I shouted. Decided to go to the main room, to verify that Hailey was there and in the condition I imagined, Don followed me, helped me to walk through that sea of sleeping bodies, there were some impeding the pass of the stairs, my man moved them to go up.

A part of me didn't wish to enter that room but, it was necessary.
-.My love I'll need your support.-
- Always babe.-
Opened the door and damn it, my suspects were right, my firstborn was laying in bed, with the chest naked, while her boyfriend was next, face down and seemed like dead.
And how to omit it, on the side bureau, we could notice a bunch of cocaine.
I never felt so much disappointment and sadness in my life, i went to the closest bathroom, took a bucket of water and threw it, to wake them up. She was the first to react.

-.Holly shit!! Why was that mom.!?.- she covered her chest instantly.

-I warned you!..You were supposed to keep order with these louts, but no, you became junkies.! You've got a week to leave the house, and put it back the way you found it!.-

-But mom is not so often. -
She was barely understandable.

-Why are you always looking for ways to fuck up your existence? This shit is going to rot you.-

Instead of admitting her mistake, being an addict, the spoiled girl became insolent.

-DON'T PRETEND YOU CARE ABOUT ME BECAUSE YOU NEVER DID, YOU DIDN'T HESITATE TO SEND ME TO FRANCE, AND NOW ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS THE DAMN HOUSE!.-
.- Is not only the house! we never gave you a limit, this is the first responsibility I entrusted you, and failed it. how mistaken I was thinking that you could take care of yourself-.
The girl didn't say anything in her defense.
-.Thank god that your father and I could make your dream come true of studying in France, we should take you to a religious institution.-