Albedo x (GN)Reader: The Final Day

First-Person POV:

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

If one day, I lose control... Destroy Mondstadt... Destroy everything... Can I rely on you to stop me?

     Watching Albedo draw the landscape was mesmerizing. I'd spent hours upon hours bewildered at his skills. I enter the world he lives in and he lets me explore his surroundings and thoughts. It's amazing what a few lines and paper could do. A few more strokes and he was done, the result was a lovely flower.

     "Is that Cecilia?" Albedo turned to me and nodded.

     "I've been foraging Starsnatch cliff alongside Timaeus and Sucrose; we required a handful of Cecilias for an experiment. I forgot to save some for you even though we had more than enough." He unclipped the paper from his board and gave it to me. "I hope this drawing will suffice."

     My face reddened, I took it and admired the piece of art. "Why thank you." He stood up and sighed, a snowstorm began to fall and he tapped my shoulder.

     "Do you... want to accompany me while I experiment? It's safer inside than to freeze to death."

     "Oh, I would love to! It's been a while since we spent some time together. The Windblume festival asked for a lot of help, I needed some Mora so I accepted a handful of commissions—" Albedo took my hand and pulled me up. "Silly me forgot to spend time with you—"

     "I don't mind... if helping the town with preparations makes you happy, then I'm happy too." The sweet words flustered me, he continued dragging me into his workplace.

     "What are you doing anyway?"

     "I'm shaping a Vayuda Turquoise Gemstone, I defeated an anemo hypostasis a few days ago. I hid it in the boxes here, Timeaus will surely tamper with this," He said while taking out a green shiny gem.

     I stepped aside and he placed the gemstone on the crafting bench, he signaled me to approach him. Albedo stood behind me and grabbed both of my hands. My heart raced, I could craft simple materials, but I've never touched something as exquisite as hypostasis drops.

     "Are you sure I won't mess up? What if I do something wrong?"

     "Oh, don't be nervous. My experiments may be dangerous, but no one gets hurt... most of the time. I don't think you will have any problems. I have faith in my ability to instruct you, and even more faith in your exceptional talents. As of now you only need to sharpen the edges, using your vision."

     He lifted my hands up, I channeled my elemental powers making my hands glow. A comforting warmth replaced my nervousness as Albedo added in his power. The colors swirled and mixed, the streak of energy traveled down and picked up the crystal. It was like I was controlling a simulation, carefully cutting the edges with utmost precision.

     Sweat beaded and trickled down my forehead, the magic acted as a chisel. Seconds felt like hours every time I chipped a piece away. Too focused on my work I didn't notice that all the edges were complete. The last step was to smoothen it.

     We were finally done. Albedo released my hands and caught the gemstone. I gave him space and allowed him to observe the finished product. He squinted while studying the crystal edges, thumb running along the sides. He smiled and relief rushed through me, my tense shoulders slumped and I wiped my forehead.

     "Is it good?"

     "Nearly perfect, but for your first time it's above average." He handed it to me, I held the gem in my hand feeling the smooth rims. More light reflected and entered the cave, the snowstorm disappeared. "Ah just in time, the snowstorm calmed down. I suggest you go back to Mondstadt before dusk, be careful going down the mountain."