Chapter 3- New Home

"Seems to be nothing major just a mild concussion and short term memory loss." A man says while walking over to you. Tony brought you to him to get checked out.
"Thanks again Bruce," Tony exclaims standing up from his chair he was seated in. Tony had seemed to care a lot about you and was trying to make sure you were okay. After the events of yesterday, which you still couldn't remember.
"Just take it easy for about 2 weeks and you should be fine. What did you say your name was again?"
"Bri."
"We'll Bri, it was a pleasure meeting you."
You get off the hospital bed and follow Tony towards the door.
"Thanks again Bruce" Tony exclaims before exiting the lab.

"So what exactly happened last night? How did I get here? Did you kidnap me? How did I get a concussion?"
"First off, no I did not kidnap you. Some guys tried to and I stopped it. But one tried running off with you and you fell and hit your head. What were you doing out that late anyways? Cuz I had been watching you guys since the alley." Tony stopped in his tracks, turned and made direct eye contact. As if he was a dad and had caught his child sneaking out of the house.
"Oh... well- I uh," you bite your lip and turn away. Contemplating on if you should reveal the events of the last two days. From leaving your boyfriend to all the creepy men, then trying to find your way in the city.
"How about we talk about it over some brunch?"

————————

"So how old are you?" Tony asked while watching you eat like you haven't ate in days.
"19."
"And what were you doing by yourself in the city so late?"
"Well I left my boyfriend after I found out he was cheating on me and didn't have anywhere to go."
"What about any family?"
"Well-"

Should I tell him? The truth? What if he thinks I'm a bad person because of my family?

"I'm not in contact with any of them." You bite your lip and look away. A habit you've picked up on when you're nervous.
"Is there any reason?"
"No." You quickly blurt out. Tony taking the hint that you didn't want to talk about it.

A little bit goes by, you and Tony keep talking about the events of last night.

"You ready?" Tony asks while standing up to leave.
"Yeah."

On the way home the only thing on your mind was the man from this morning. Still eager to learn who he was. The events of the time you guys spent together replayed through your head the whole way home.

———————
*Back at the Avenger's facility*

"Hey Bri, before you head in I just wanted to tell you that you're welcome here if you don't have anywhere to stay." Tony said looking at you with a sympathetic look.
"Oh no, I can't. I would just get in the way of you guys and your super hero stuff," you chuckle.
"Please," Tony grabs your hand. "Besides where else are you going to stay? The streets?"
"Ok." You see a grin emerge from his face from your words.