Chapter 22 - Vampires

A few days later

Caves

Cadance: Why do we have to be here?

Elijah: Cadance, you are part of this family, so you have to put your name on the wall too.

Cadance: Kol, can you put my name along with Rosie but her full name?

Kol: Yea, sure. I can, and of course, I will put Rosie's full name.

Cadance: Just making sure.

Klaus: Rebekah, let me have at it!

Rebekah: Quiet, Niklaus! I am to have more concentration if I am not to slice off a finger.

Klaus: Father will not like you handling the blade.

Rebekah: If I want to wield a blade, I shall wield a sword! Father need not know.

Cadance: Nik, she is old enough to hold a blade. She is not this one here who is just two years old.

Klaus: You have a point, and Kol wouldn't even let you hold one.

Cadance: You have a great point.

Klaus: Also, Rebekah, he will find out. He always does.

Rebekah: That is because you always tell him.

Klaus: I cannot help it... he frightens me.

Rebekah: He frightens us all. That is why we stick together as one, always and forever. Right, traitor? [smiles.]

Cadance: She has a point; stop telling him I hide many things from my parents.

Kol: She does, and she ends up telling Bex or me.

Klaus: Right. [smiles back.]

Rebekah: Here. You finish it. I am to help mother with the meal. Cadance wants to come while the boys are finishing up here.

Cadance: Yea, sure, I can come because I think Rosie is getting bored.

Rosie: I am bored.

Kol: You guys go ahead. I will catch up.

Klaus: Yes, tend to dinner, and leave the blades to the men, little sister.

[Rebekah retorts by slamming the knife blade-side down into his palm, slicing it open.]

A few days later

Kol's family hut

Living room

Cadance: Kol?

Kol: Yea?

Cadance: Where's Henrik?

Kol: I don't know.

Rebekah: Wait... now that you mention that... Niklaus is gone too!

Finn: They are not allowed out because it's a full moon, and the wolves are out.

Cadance: You know I am a wolf too, Finn?

Finn: Your not a wolf who turns every full moon. Plus, you're technically an Alpha of the wolfs.

Cadance: You have a point. But still, where is Henrik?

Elijah: Probably with Niklaus.

Cadance: True; I am going to go to Kol's room and sleep.

[I went over to Kol's room and onto his bed. He was behind me and joined me.]

Kol's room