A Different Timeline

I reach down into the dark and murky pond and begin to reach for my shattered dreams, it's cool touch soothing my burnt hands as I shake them from side to side in a failed attempt to deter the fish, who just continued to mindlessly eat away at the pages of my notebook. What Kachan said was too much, he took it way too far. What if I actually jumped, what would he do then!? I clenched my teeth and cried out of frustration.

I slowly began to walk home, feeling completely defeated.
Ding~...I had gotten a message from my mom, she was asking me to make a detour and go to the corner store to get her some Kit Kat chocolate bars since the new experimental flavour had just been released. I let out a long sigh and asked if she wanted anything else, to which she replied that she also wanted some ice cream.

I quickly bought what she wanted and hustled back out of the corner store, still deep in thought, busy reflecting upon my life choices, and what Kachan had said to me earlier.
I didn't notice that I made a wrong turn until I looked up from the ground, then deciding to cut through the field nearby instead of walking all the way back around in order to take my normal route.

Just one small distraction, made my future completely different.. because I just wasn't at the right place at the right time, and I didn't walk through that tunnel.

Life went on as usual for the next week, wake up, go to school, get bullied by Kachan, and go home. Over, and Over, and Over again. Week, after Week, After Week. Until one day, I just snapped...

I sat there, collapsed on the floor with tear stains all over my face. I looked up at Kachan and just stared coldly into his fiery red eyes. He stood there in confusion, allowing his rage to start boiling over "the hell's your problem.."  he raised his fists and began to rapidly punch me in the gut multiple times. "YOU DAMN NERD!!!"  I sat there, not moving a muscle despite the immense pain I felt, even while blood began to drip from my mouth. I almost didn't feel it.

Once I began to bleed, Kachan felt he had done enough and stood there staring at me while panting, he probably realized that he had taken it too far. Trembling, I stood up and limped to the nurses office, leaving Kachan behind.

The next day I went to school covered in bandages from the day before. Kachan was busy that day, and didn't have time to bully me as much.
It was sunny out, and the birds were chirping. I even smiled for the first time that month.

All in all it was a pretty good last day.

After school I took the stairs to the rooftop, where I stood in silence for a moment, taking in the fresh air and the nice view. As I stood at the edge, slowly slipping off my shoes, I looked down and saw Kachan and his friends walking by.

What perfect timing...

✰ Escaping Reality From Another Perspective: Bakugo's POV ✰

I stared in silence as Deku limped past me while clutching his stomach with one hand, an emotionless expression on his face. Oh shit.. I think I went overboard today...

Later that day, after I had gotten home from school, I sat in my room thinking about what I had done to Deku.
It pissed me off that I was actually starting to regret what I had done a little bit and my mind was spinning in circles...maybe I should give him some space tomorrow..... I walked up to the mirror in my closet and stared into my own eyes, unsure of how I felt about myself...I do want to be a hero after all, not a villain.. UGH!! That damn nerd is so annoying, making me think this way. If he would just give up already there wouldn't be a problem!! UGH!! I ripped off my blazer and face planted onto my bed, shaking out of frustration. In the end, I decided to restrain myself from doing anything too harsh the next day.

But instead of making things better, the unthinkable happened.

⚠️Mild TW suicide⚠️

It was after school when it happened. My buddies and I were walking past the taller section of the school building, when we heard a long and ear piercing CRRUNNCH coming from right behind me. They stood frozen, looking to the ground behind me in horror and shock. Slowly, I turned around... and what I saw made my blood run cold.

There was Izuku, laying in a pool of blood with beautiful cherry blossoms scattered all around him while he stared up at me with a terrifying smile plastered onto his lifeless face.

In the distance, I heard screams of horror from a group of girls who were walking nearby and my buddies still stood there without moving, only just starting to make a sound, but their shrieks were almost inaudible. As for me, I was standing there shaking, trying to process what had just happened while I stared at Izuku's dead body. I couldn't move, or scream, or feel anything but shock.

⚠️end of TW⚠️

Then it hit me..and I had finally gotten a grasp of the situation...

In that moment, I felt as though I was sinking into the ground, hanging onto a rope by one hand, about to fall into a hell of my own creation.
As if my body was about to shut down completely.

He actually......killed himself...
And it's all my fault...
Right, Deku?

And with that sinking feeling of guilt in my chest, I let go of the rope.