Annoying Coincidence

Cordelia

Cordelia didn't even tell him where her address was, and she didn't bother. She figured out that he'd realise sooner or later and ask. For now, all she wanted was to enjoy the cool breeze and let go of the rage and anxiety she was experiencing.

She felt the cool air on her face subsided, so she opened up her eyes slightly and looked at why they were slowing down.

"Sorry, how did you know where I lived?" Cordelia asked.

"I didn't. I came off to refill my hamster's water. My hamster's quite sick so that I couldn't wait longer.", Jairus said.

"Nevermind, it's okay."

Cordelia came off and walked right into the house that was right next to his.

Jairus sucked in his cheeks and locked the car behind him.

After making sure she had walked into her pretty old house, he walked into his big mansion that looked like a giant next to hers.

Jairus

Jairus plummeted on his orange couch and switched on the TV.

He continued the James Bond movie he started before he finished.

Feeling suffocated, he unbuttoned his white-collar shirt, leaving him with only his white vest, which hugged his toned belly.

A thought of Cordelia raced back to his mind.

He remembered how scared she looked when she looked to the back of the car seat. Jairus wanted to know what was so scary about that seat. He shrugged off the thought.

"I don't want to start having intrusive thoughts again.", Jairus thought.

*Ding dong.

Jairus looked up, frowning at his white wooden entrance.

Hopefully, it wasn't the little kids of before. He didn't want to shout at them again like the last time. Jairus didn't hear anything for a while, but just as he was about to lay down again, the noise caused him to jolt. "I should change the ring tone of this damned thing.", he cried in annoyance.

Like a little boy, he stomped towards the door and opened it forcibly. Two almond eyes were staring at him in disbelief.

Cordelia put her face in her hands, and Jairus could hear the tiny little giggles, making him laugh.

"I forgot what I was gonna ask you, to be honest.", Cordelia said, scratching her face after wiping her tears of laughter away.

"Oh, erm...maybe you'll remember tomorrow.", all of a sudden, he felt lonely.

He'd forgotten that the last time someone came to visit him was when his mom died, which was quite a while ago.

"Hey.", he heard Cordelia's soft voice say.

She bent down slightly to look at his lowered face.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Mhm..yes. Yes. Sorry, I'm okay", Jairus lied.

Cordelia could sense that he lied, but her bladder couldn't wait any longer.

Next chapter : 19/06/21