After Cordelia's mother tied the last twist of her locks.

Cordelia stood up silently.

And stepped out without saying a word to anyone.

Her mama watched her go out the doorway and sighed.

If Cordelia knew that not everyone was entirely so wholesome.

Some people would reject her for her skin, some for her gender and some for her beliefs and emotions.

If she knew racialism wasn't gone, it was just hidden.

Her mother was knowledgeable of them, but she never thought it would cost someone their life.

Cordelia

Cordelia shut her eyes regretfully as she stepped out.

She shouldn't have gone and left her mum without saying farewell.

Swiftly she spun around to wish her mother goodbye, but just as her fingers reached the door, she heard the tick of a key locking the entrance.

Cordelia breathed and turned around.

She didn't have enough dignity to knock on the door.

She picked up the pouch from the ground and the tip of her red polka dress and made her way to the Congo Airport.

When she saw the big airport with the word Congo Airport on it, she smiled a bit. Cordelia didn't want to want go-She wanted to stay in Congo- People always ascribed Congo as poor, unclean and barbarian but what she saw was different; Cordelia saw life, she saw choice, she could be her. Her home wasn't yet consumed by "Advanced people".

Cordelia saw beautiful ladies who were noble and attractive gentlemen who honoured them.

She admitted that it might need some change, but she also concluded that it is the case with all governments.

Cordelia shrugged off the sadness that crawled upon her and made her way into the airport.

The airport had a fresh smell.

Cordelia walked over to a friendly-looking hostel who was sitting at her desk typing something franticly.

"Ahem", Cordelia decided to get her attention stiffly.

The woman looked at her, confused.

"This is the plane flying to Britain. I think you must be mistaken", the woman in the black dress tried to tell her.

"Oh, thank you, but I am not mistaken. Uk is my destination." Cordelia tried to smile, slightly confused about why she would be confused and everyone else wasn't.