Two Different Worlds Meet

Jairus' heart was beating hard. So hard he could feel it in his entire chest.

Jairus wanted to sit down as a boy and cry too, but he didn't know how difficult Cordelia's condition was. He didn't know whether she's just delirious or near heaven.

Jairus, disoriented, patted the ground looking for his phone while the gal was still lying on his thighs, motionless.

When he got a grasp of his receiver, he paused.

" Will they come on time?" he thought, contemplating his current problem.

Jairus moved his head in a 'no' motion.

He has to do it. This was a living person.

"Howdy?" the ambulance executive said indolently.

" Sir, I need an ambulance as soon as possible."

"Why?" he continued a little more solemn.

"Why do you think?? Maybe because someone s dying and I need someone to come?"

"Erm...because there is an unconscious young woman in my home, and I really really need aid, sir."

"OkayOkay.. okay, okay, stay calm, sir. I'm gonna need to ask some questions first."

"Are you slow?! I just said someone is practically dying in my residence."

"Okay, sir, I'll be glad to co-operate."

" Sir, what is your ethnicity? The choices obtainable are..."

Cut

Jairus rolled his eyes," How does my race matter in these circumstances??"

Bothered, he looked at the woman fading harmoniously on his thighs.

Scraping his head, embarrassed, he leaned down, lips on hers, ready to offer her the kiss of life.