Chapter 16

"Left! Right! Left! Right!" Hunter shouted, finishing up our session.

It's been a month and a half since my incident. They still haven't found Alex or any of his people. I received a police report in my mail and it said that when they arrived on the scene, they found the warehouse half burned down.

They weren't able to collect any evidence and they were stuck.

I was finally ready to compete again. There were many times where I thought that it was pointless, but I always had a ridiculously competitive man to push me farther.

"Hunter stop! I don't want to do anymore."

"Oh, don't be a quitter! You're the only fair competition I've faced. Who else am I going to challenge?" He asked with a pout.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him back and we began again.

"20 push ups. Let's go," He stated, dropping.

I got down and did my push ups with one arm, of course.

I had adapted to my one arm state. It wasn't too bad, but it definitely took more concentration when fighting. I refused to use a prosthetic, as it would just annoy me and get in my way.

"Are you ready to start again tomorrow?" Hunter asked.

"Hell yeah. I'm ready to knock the living daylights out of that ditzy bitch," I snarled, referring to Alex, the new girl.

He smiled and laughed at my remark.

"She's been talking a lot of shit about you, love. She claims that the reason you left was because you couldn't handle her."

I snickered. Now I hate whenever someone brags about me and when I brag about myself but I mean come on. I can't wait to fight her. Then we'll see who the real champ is.

"Mind if I stay over tonight? My roommate brought 2 girls back earlier and somehow I don't think it's for tea and dinner," He smirked.

I laughed and told him of course. He's been staying over for quite a bit now. His bed on my couch was already made, as now I just keep the pull out made for him. 

It was around 10 at night when I was l lying on the pull out next to him, watching 'The Hunger Games' 

"Do you ever think Alex is going to come back?" I asked, suddenly.

He thought for a little bit and slightly nodded. "Yeah, I do. And the only way to get rid of him is to keep him locked up, or kill him."

I frowned at the latter. "We're not killing anyone."

"You say that now, but you just wait. My guess is that he'll be back within the next month. Never walk alone. He'll take you as soon as he can and will you use you, then kill you. He's a dangerous man, Shelby. His motives are stupid, that's for sure, but he's a messed up guy. He's had an abusive past and he's fvcked in the head. He might just want to take you because you're competition against him. He doesn't like people who could threaten his power."

I curled into his side and he held me against him.

"What if I'm not strong enough to take him?"

He scoffed and gave me a look that told me to shut it. "You're good enough to take anyone, Shells." We sat in silence for a bit.

"Except for Chuck Norris. You're not that tough." I laughed at his stupid comment and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I was thankful for these quiet moments I could have. While he annoyed me in the beginning, he's gotten better. We haven't bickered since our fight when he broke my ankle and it led to that very intense make out session.

"Why are you blushing?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Just thinking."

He wouldn't stop staring at me with a certain intensity so I dismissed myself.

"I'm going to bed. Good night, Hunter."

He sighed and told me good night. I tucked myself in and slept restlessly all night.

***

"Shelby? You're back!"

I smiled at the big smile on Carl's face. I looked around and everyone ran up to me. I received big hugs from all the guys, but of course, Alex gave me a nasty look. I smirked and stood my ground.

"Yes I am. I'm also ready to fight. You'd be surprised how far I've come in the weeks I've been gone."

I felt Hunter put his arm around my shoulder. "That's right. Yours truly helped these few weeks," He smiled at me and I felt ready to fight.

"Well we'll line you up then. Alex! You have a challenge," Carl called, already knowing who I wanted to fight.

We put our gear on, the whole time I was getting nasty remarks. Once we got into the fighting area and everyone was circled around, Carl started rallying off the rules like it was a real competition. She made a comment along the lines of 'I'm going to rip your other arm off'.

I angrily shoved my mouth piece in and got in stance.

The whistle blew and the fists were flying. 

I charged her and tackled her immediately. I heard her gasp for air underneath me. I punched her with my one arm and got off her, waiting for her to rise again. 

Once she made her way up, she sloppily ran towards me. I crouched and swiftly kicked her leg out from under her. She face planted, and I got back on top of her. I took her arm and twisted it around her back so she couldn't get up.

"Wow this was probably the easiest fight I've ever fought. This is what I've waited for in the month I was gone? I was hoping this'd be a lot more fun." 

I sighed and got up off her. I leaned to her level and whispered in her ear.

"I might have one arm, but it's clear I can kick your ass without any arms for that matter." I patted her head and rose to face my fellow mates. They were all smiling from ear to ear.

"It's great to have you back here, Shells," Sean commented.

"It's great to be back, my friend. That it is."

Edited 6/10/15