Chapter 5

I can't breathe.

This is my first, awake thought.

Why can't I breathe, you ask?

Because a very heavy (all muscle of course) person is on top of me. And boy is he dead asleep while snoring.

Quick thinking, I push him so hard off the bed, he falls face first into the floor.

"Ouch." He mumbles and he curls into a ball on the floor and falls back to sleep.

I chuckle to myself and walk to my bathroom. "I took her out. It was a Friday night. I wore cologne, to get the feeling right. We started making out. And she took off my pants. But then I turned on the TV. And that was about the time she walked away from me." I sang in the shower.

I threw on some sweat pants and my Of Mice & Men hoodie and walked out of my closet/bathroom.

"Nobody likes you when you're 23," Hunter sang as soon as I passed him on the couch.

"Hey if you didn't enjoy my singing, you could of left."

"Oh I enjoyed it. I really like that song."

"Is that so?"

"So you want to tell me why I was brutally shoved off the bed and woke up with a new pounding migraine?"

"You were crushing me so I had to throw you off of me. Duh," I responded drinking my coffee, sitting next to him.

"You going anywhere today?"

I look down at my attire and out the window. It's raining.

"What do you think?"

"Well then I'm staying here."

"Why do you come here more than your own place?"

"Because I have a room-mate that brings home at least 2 girls every night. And is almost always drunk. Plus out of all that, he has a girlfriend that visits once a month and has no idea about his behavior. You could say we aren't on the best of terms."

"What do you mean?"

"I might of knocked the wind out of him once or twice, or 30 times."

"Why?"

"Because he deserved it and his hookers wouldn't leave me alone. Believe it or not I'm not into the whole one-night-stand thing."

"You never fail to surprise me."

"I could say the same about you. When I first saw you, I honestly thought you were going to be one of those prissy girls."

"Yeah well when I first saw you I thought you were gay. I guess we're all wrong sometimes," I smirked.

"Oh it's on," he jumped up with my coffee and set the mug down on the table. He then proceeded to yank me up and get into a fighting position.

"I really don't feel like breaking your nose again."

"Oh please," he scoffed.

As soon as he finished 'please' he was on the ground.

Rule #1: Never be distracted.

Rule #2: Never mess with a girl on her period.

"Jesus, that hurt!"

"Well yeah. That's the point."

"Man. You didn't have to tackle me."

"Well you didn't have to doubt me but look where we are now." I smiled darkly.