Chapter 18

He left me. He left me with 4 words and a heart full of doubt.

"You won't make it."

I'll prove it to him. I'll prove that I can save him. That I could save myself.

Everything started piling down on me.

Why has everything terrible been happening? I lost my fvcking arm, Hunter's been kidnapped, I've been kidnapped, I've lost more than I've gained since I've moved to Ann Arbor.

I ran back to the diner to see people screaming around. I put my gun back in my band around my waist and stood up on the counter.

"Excuse me!"

Everyone went silent.

"I'm terribly sorry you had to witness what you just have. You see, my dear friend Hunter Marshall has been kidnapped by the same people who disruppted your eating. I'm going to find the people who did this and will make them pay for what they've done to all of us."

I silently left and made my way to the one place I felt safest.

The studio. Everyone was at practice today and I knew they were waiting on me and Hunter. I ran as fast as I could staright for it. I flung myself through the doors to see everyone with a worried expression.

"They came for you and Hunter. Where is he?" Carl asked in a panic.

"They took him. He's gone. Said something about playing a 'game'. We need to be ready to move. We have 72 hours to find him. Every 6 hours they're going to give us some kind of message. I'm not trusting any of them. We'll need to find them on our own. Can you all do it, or am I on my own? I don't care if I die trying, because I'll be damned if I let one of us die in vein."

They all grabbed their bags. "We're all coming. We're a team and we fight together. We can all fit in our equipment truck. I'll drive and the rest can fit in the storage trailer," Carl stated.

We all marched our way to the truck. When we surrounded it we all looked at each other.

"I wouldn't want a better family than what I have. I love you guys."

We all got in a group hug. "I'll ride with Carl. Where to, Shelby?" Phil asked.

I thought long and hard. Alex wasn't too smart so I'm sure he had left some clues.

"Is there any number we can track?" Sean asked.

"No, he never gave me his cell. Even if he had one, he wouldn'tgive his number around to anyone. No, we'd need-" I cut off.

"What? What is it?"

A number for tracking...

"The license plate! We need to go to the police station. They can look over cameras on streetlights and we can find that and track it!"

"Well, let's go!" Carl shouted.

The police were able to send out a missing persons report out. They also scanned all local streetlight cameras and came up with a plate number that matched my description.

"Thank you, ma'am, we'll take it from here."

"Excuse me? Can't you give us the location?" I asked in shock.

"Ma'am, it's not safe for you guys to go after these men. They're armed and dangerous. We'll take it from here."

I feined understanding and silently nodded my head. I told the guys to walk outside and we'd head home.

"What the hell, Marx?"

I scoffed. "You think I'd give up that easily? Nope. Their halfway to the same warehouse I was held at. Which is strange."