Chapter 10

1 hour.

I had one hour till our competition and to say I was nervous was an understatement. There were hundreds of people here. They send 10 representatives of each state here.

An enormous building in Chicago was agreed to be the best place to do it. Meaning, today is Friday and after this we have to stay until Sunday for the awards.

Carl isn't allowed to come, none of the instructors are. Some rule that I will never understand. There are 500 opponents here, meaning lots of fighting today. I got my first opponent and Hunter did too. I have to go to the H-Wing of the building and Hunter, the A-Wing.

"I'll meet you at the C-Wing where our next fight is," Hunter stated.

I nodded and started my way over.

I sized up my opponent and wasn't too intimidated. It was a girl about the same size as me.

I put my mouth guard in, listened to the rules.

"This is a knock out round. Ready? Set? Go!"

I kicked her directly in her stomach, sending her flying back. She gasped, clearly taken back. I punched in her in the jaw, hearing a crack, and she dropped instantly.

"Knock out rate: 30 seconds!"

That was the easiest win I've had in a long time.

I took my slip of paper that identifies I won, and made my way down to the C-Wing. Before I could reach Hunter, I was stopped by a very, very handsome man.

He looked to be about 19, same age as me, and had some stubble that made him look amazingly attractive. His eyes were the bluest I've ever come across and he was about 6'3. His light brown hair was a little in his eyes and he happened to be shirtless like every other guy around here.

"Are you Shelby Marx?"

Ah. Even his voice is appealing.

I took a breath and replied with a "Yes I am. And you are?"

"I'm Alex. Alex Arendale. The strongest in Michigan. Although, I hear you're quite the firecracker yourself," he lulled with an equally attractive smirk.

"You won't be the strongest when I'm done with you," I teased back.

"Is that so? I'd like to see you try."

"Well if you can make it long enough then yeah. I'd love to fight you," I purred with the best voice I could muster.

"Hope to see you around. Bye, love," he drawled with a hint of a British accent.

He smiled myself as I reached Hunter.

"Why are you all happy?"

I decided to joke around with him.

"Well, I won my first match in 30 seconds and just met the hottest guy of my life."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Sweetheart, unless you think we're meeting for the first time, I think you're mistaken."

"Oh trust me, I'm not."

"Well I'm sure this guy can't kiss as well as me."

"A whale could kiss better thank you."

"Oh really, then how come you were getting pretty deep into that kiss a few weeks ago-"

"Oh please, you think I enjoyed myself? It was like kissing a catfish."

"That's not what you said when you were moaning my na-"

"Hunter! I will punch you so hard, I'll knock you out in one blow!"