chapter 3 a strange visitor

Eve wakes up surprisingly not feeling hungover. So she goes and changes.

She heads into the kitchen where Celia is and walks in and is asked, "How are you feeling Eve?"
Eve replies with,"Good, actually."
Celia asks "Not at all hungover?"
Eve replies, "Nope, and it's my fault I got drunk, Mom. Uncle Freddy paid, is all he did." Eve mutters "Though we almost had a drinking contest."
Celia says "A WHAT?!"
Eve replies "An eating contest." Eve mumbles "Yeah... eating."
Celia says "He never listens! That man acts like he's still an adolescent!"
Eve replies "Nah, he's just fun."
Celia says "Are you saying we're not fun?"
Eve replies "Usually yeah, but I still love you both, you're my parents."

Celia sighs and says "Well, tonight I need you to go into the forest and pick some moon berries and lunar mushrooms."
Eve asks "Why not now?"
Celia replies "Because moon berries are only visible during the night and on full moons. Plus there are many other items that need to be collected today upon the Chief's request."
Eve sighs "All alright, fine."
Celia says "Good, it's a large list."
Eve is given a list and says "One of the most boring jobs there are but ok."

Celia says "Well, not everything can be fun Eve, that's just how it works."
Eve says "Yeah, unfortunately."
"You can begin whenever you please." Celia adds "Because this is such an easy task you will be alone for it."

Eve sighs looking at the list once more saying, " Alright, see you later." She rolls her eyes saying, "Gotta do the most boring mission and collect items." Eve heads out into the forest and begrudgingly searches for the items on the list. Eventually it gets dark out and the moon full. Eve finds the area that moon berries usually grow. Sighing as she finds none, as if they've all been picked and says, "Well that's great, I'll have to go further into the woods." Eve puts her hand on her holster to check if her dagger was still there to be on the safe side and luckily it is, so Eve breathes a sigh of relief.

Eve continues through the forest in search of moon berries and lunar mushrooms. Eventually finding a lunar mushroom patch she puts several in a basket and after collecting the lunar mushrooms she goes looking for the moon berries. After a long while she finds them. She hurriedly picks the bright blue glowing moon berries, sensing someone's presence and wanting to avoid a fight all of a sudden. Eve hears growling behind her, placing her hand on the sheath of her dagger a wolf then shows up in her face. Growling Eve thinks, "Only one? Wolves go around in packs unless..." The silvery wolf continues growling in her face, the wolf looks at her eyes, then her necklace. Eve pulls out her dagger so the wolf yelps, turning around and leaving. Eve mutters a hand on her dagger, "Glad I had this with me."

Eve mutters,"Strange....that wolf has the same eye colour as me, that's strange." Eve shrugs it off anyway. Eve heads back to the village and brings the items to Celia who says, "Thank you, job well done Eve. Now go bring these to the chief and report your mission status." Celia gives her some of the things Eve picked and so Eve nods.

She heads out to the chief's building and drops the things in front of him reporting her mission a success to him.
He says, "Very well done, in no time you'll be the best of the best."
Eve says, "Thanks, but when can I have a REAL mission that is actually challenging?"
The chief replies, "Soon, soon patience is key and is a very important Virtue for everything. Some missions require extreme patience." Eve sighs and rolls her eyes, "So I'm told."

The chief clears his throat as a warning of her attitude. Eve realizes this and says, "Um, sorry sir," the chief replies "That's better, you may go," he gestures to the door. Eve takes her leave and heads home.

Eve goes to her room and digs through her room looking for her parent's journal that she stole from the Chief one time while there. She eventually finds it but finds several pages torn out from a long time ago. Eve sighs and mutters, "Well that's great, those are probably some of the most important ones."
Eve huffs, "Well maybe the other pages will have some information, something to answer all these strange experiences I've been having, like a wolf with the same eye colour as me, faster reflexes than even normally."