chapter 7

Eve wakes up and realizes she fell asleep.
She gets up and groans "Ouch, my neck hurts now."
Eve leaves and goes out of the library. Cedric finds her and says "Your betrothed has arrived. A while ago actually. "
Eve goes in the opposite direction of Cedric. "That's my cue to leave then."
Cedric says, "You may be my little sister but you're not going anywhere."

Eve says, "Cedric, do not make me do this. I did not sign up for this."
Cedric says, "it's not my choice, Mother and Father decided on this along with Pappy."
Eve says, "Well it's not fair!"
Cedric says, "I know and I apologize, but, on the bright side there is a way to get out of it."
Eve says hopefully, "I'm all ears"

Cedric says, "If you already found your mate or you are with someone to figure out if they are your mate because it can only show later. If either of those scenarios are the case, the whole arranged marriage thing is scrapped."
Eve mutters, "Shoot."
Cedric says, "You dont have much of a choice. Unless those conditions apply, we plan on making peace through this."
Eve sighs, "Let's get this over with."

Eve goes with Cedric to meet her 'betrothed'. She finds him waiting in the now fully constructed living building.
Cedric introduces her, "This is my sister Eve Warren/Star."
The man says, "I'm Darren Eclipse."
He looks Eve up and down commenting, "I can tell you're a beauty, such a shame you don't try to look like it and take advantage of your..... assets. ''
Eve grits her teeth while thinking, "This guy is rude and perverted. Staring at my chest, what a perv. I would love to give him a good beating, but that wouldn't be appropriate."

Eve, lying through her teeth, comments, "I'm so pleased to meet you."
She offers her hand in a means of a handshake and Darren takes it, lifting and kissing it so Eve thinks "Um, ew. I know it's supposed to be a polite gesture but he has no idea where my hands have been."
Darren says, "Pleased to meet you, little miss."
Eve thinks, "Ok, that's the last straw."
She crushes his hand and pulls his arm behind his back, twisting it painfully.
She growls, "I don't appreciate being treated like some delicate flower or an object."
Darren groans in pain and says, "Feisty, I like it. But stop acting like you're a man. It's not at all feminine and it's not very attractive. "
Eve growls furiously and twists his arm further, nearly breaking it.
Darren just chuckles, "You act so tough and independent. I bet you'd be as docile as a lamb in bed though."
Eve is about to break his arm or pull it out of its socket when Cedric says, "Sis, please let go."
Eve lets go of Darren's arm and acts like nothing happened, saying sweetly "Oh, I'm so sorry sir."
Darren says "That's much better."
Eve says, "Anyway, hate to break it to you, but I'm already with someone."
Cedric says, "Really? That's the first I've heard of it."
Eve says, "Oh, did I forget to mention it?" Adding, "Oh well, it's not important."
Cedric lifts a brow knowing full well about Eve's lie, "Do explain. What's his name?"
Eve replies, "Oh, well he's a human and his name is Flint Constantine."
Darren says, "Aren't they the best of the best Vampire hunters?"
Eve scoffs, "I wouldn't say the best of the best, but they're pretty decent at it."
muttering, "I was trained by one of them."
Darren says awestruck, "Wait is she...?"
Eve replies, "A human? No, but raised by them, yes."
Darren says, "It's not what I meant, there are just rumours about you."
Eve in disbelief asks, "Really? I haven't even done vampire hunting very long."
Darren says, "Well apparently you've killed the powerful and ancient Vampire Vlad. Is it true?"
Eve says, "He wasn't even all that powerful, but I did with help yes."
Darren says, "Is it true that in the Bellmore village the training is brutal and it's super strict as well as full of savages?"
Eve replies "I'm not obliged to answer that question."
Darren says, "So it is then."
Eve says, "I said no such thing."
Darren says, "The Bellmore village is secretive and shady from what I've heard and they keep to themselves."

Eve states, "I'm not talking about this."
Cedric says skeptically, "On a different note, I'm sure we'd love to meet Flint then sis."
Eve says, "Oh, he's way too busy to come here."
Cedric says, "Oh well, I'm sure all of us would love to meet him. How about you arrange a day with him?"
Eve says, "You know what, I WILL!!"
Eve says, "Anyway, first I have got to finish a giant book."
Eve darts outta there and goes to the library muttering, "Darren isn't someone I like, but shit, what did I get myself into!?"
Eve adds, "Flint and I don't even get along anymore! Not a chance he will do it, ugh, well I have to now. I'll simply have to bribe him or something."