𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

You heard sound out of the guest house of what sounds like fake punching. You sat up from your bed as you walked out of the room into the hallway.

"Hurry, hurry. Put it way." A boy said as they soon ran past you.

You noticed the shield was out of the bag as you walked towards the bag and zipped up as you placed it against the wall.

"Hey." You heard a familiar voice as you looked up.

"Did they kids wake you?" You questioned.

"Yeah, but I don't mind it." He replied as you looked to were the had ran off to.

"You doing alright." You asked.

"Yeah." Bucky said to you.

"Alright, if you want to talk about thing just let me now." You told him as you left the room.

𖥸

You walked with Sarah as with wakeed towards Sam and Bucky work on a Machine.

"Excuse me. No!" She yelled as walked closer towards them.

"Nope. No no." Sarah as we stood in front of them.

"I told you specifically that the water pump was not the problem, and yet, here you are." Sarah said to Sam.

"Yep, Samuel." Bucky said.

"In our defense, we were supposed to be done long before you woke up." Sam explained to his sister.

"I don't come up to the sky to tell you how to barrel roll, so don't come down here and mess around with things you don't understand." Sarah said.

"Wow, wow." Sam said.

"Bye. Off." She told them as they got up.

"Thank you, gentlemen. Appreciate you. I love you, bro." She said to the as we walked off.

"She's a very mean person." Sam said to us.

"It's tough love." You told Sam.

"No. If you did what I told you to do, we would have been done before any of this took place." Sam told Bucky.

"There is no such thing." Bucky told him.

"There's a prowess that goes into my madness." Sam argued with him.

𖥸

You stood as you watch Sam used the shield to hit the tree. He throw it again as it hit the tree and come back to him.

"Feels weird... picking it up again." Sam said as he throw it again as it come back as Bucky grabbed it.

"The legacy of that shield is complicated, to say the least." Sam explained.

"When Steve told me what he was planning, I don't think we understood what it felt like for a black man to be handed the shield. How could we? I own you an apology." Bucky explained as he gave Sam the shield.

"I'm sorry." He said as Sam told the shield.

"Thank you."

"Whatever happened with Walker, it wasn't your fault." You told Sam.

"I get it. It's just, that shields the closet thing I've got left to a family, so when you retired it, it made me feel like I had nothing left. Made me question everything. You, Steve, Y/n, me. You know, I've got his, uh... I've got his book. And uh... I just figured if it worked for him, then it'd work for me." Bucky explained.

"I understand, man. But Steve is gone." Sam said.

"And this might be a surprise, but it doesn't matter what Steve thought." Sam said as he threw the shield again as he grabbed it.

"You gotta stop looking to other people to tell you who you are." Sam said as he threw the shield again and Bucky caught it.

"Let me ask you. You still having those nightmares?" Sam asked.

"All the time. It means I remember. It means a part of me is still there. Which means a part of the winter soldier's still in me." Bucky said as he threw the shield and Sam caught it.

"You up for a little tough love? You want to climb out of the hell you're in, do the work. Do it." Sam said.

"I've been making amends." Bucky told him.

"Nah. You weren't amending you were averaging. You were stopping all the wrongdoers you enabled as the winter soldier, because you thought it would bring you closure." Sam explained.

"You go to these people and say "sorry," because you think it'll make you feel better, right?" Sam questioned.

"But you gotta make them feel better. You gotta go to them and be of service. I'm sure there's at least one person in that book who needs closure about something, and you're e only one who can give it to 'em." Sam explained.

"Probably a dozen." He told Sam.

"That's cool. Start with one." He told Sam.

"Good talk." Bucky said as we laughed as the shock hands.

"You know Karli won't quit." Sam said.

"You call me when you have a lead, and I'll be there." Bucky told him.

"I'll be there too." You told him.

"Your not going anywhere until your arm is healed." Bucky told you

"Hmm." You rolled your eyes.

"Not necessarily as a team." Bucky told Sam as he grabbed us jacket as we started to walk.

"Nope."

"We're not that good."

"Definitely not."

"We're professionals."

"Definitely."

"And, uh, were partners."

"Coworkers."

"But we're also a couple of guys with a mutual friend."

"Friend's now gone."

"So we're a couple of guys and lady."

"I can live with that."

"Perfect."

"Thanks for the help, man." Sam said.

"Meant a lot." Sam continued.

"Of course." Bucky said as with walked away.

"Hey, Y/n get a lot of rest so that Bucky doesn't stop you from coming along with us. It's nice to have you around." Sam told me.

"With do." You smile towards him.