Chapter 17

Sage's POV
I woke up shivering because I was freezing cold. I was on a hard bed, in nothing but a worn silk dress that hardly covered my private area. I looked around and fear immediately settled in.

I'm right back here. It's that same room in that warehouse. The one that Kristen brought me to. The one where Mason held me hostage.

On instinct, I attempted to get jolt up but, my hands were chained to the sides of the bed. Panic immediately settled in. My breathing began to feel erratic and my heart pace quickened.

I then heard footsteps approaching the door and my stomach began to churn. The doorknob began to turn and, the door finally opened revealing a face I never thought I'd see again.

David Wagner. The man who ruined my life, and who's life I took. How is he here?

"You're not alive, what's happening?" I said warily as I inched further back onto the bed as he approached me. Well as far as I could get while being chained.

A humorless chuckle escaped his lips. "I'm back to finish what I started." He said and my eyes immediately began to well with tears. "But first I need my new little friend for assistance." He continued and as if, on cue, none other than Mason entered the room.

He began to approach me as David began slowly caressing my leg. "Please. No...no!" I cried out but it made no difference. David moved aside to make room for Mason and, he started to push the hem of my dress upward.

"Please...stop!" I pleaded and begged over and over. I screamed for help and very faintly, I heard a familiar voice calling my name. The voice became more prominent and I closed my eyes, only to open them in a different room. In fact, the one I went to sleep in.

I was still bawling my eyes out and a tired looking Roman was rubbing my back from beside me. He was sitting on the side of the bed next to me shirtless, and in only blue plaid pajama pants. "Sage it's okay, you were just dreaming. I'm here." He assured soothingly and my heart rate became more steady.

I sat up, realizing that he's right and it was just a nightmare. "How did you-"

"I heard you scream so I rushed in here to make sure you were okay." He answered before I could even finish my question.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for waking you." I expressed honestly. To think about how loud I must have been screaming for him to hear me from his room is quite embarrassing to say the least.

"No, no it's okay. Don't apologize." He replied seriously. "Are you okay? That nightmare must've been pretty intense." He said.

"Yeah, it was..." I trailed off and Roman looked at me as if he was waiting for me to go on, so I did. "I was back in that room. The one in the warehouse." I began and he was watching me intently as I spoke. "David and Mason came in." I stated, soon realizing what I had just said.

"Who's David?" Roman questioned and my heart dropped.

"Um, nobody." I confirmed and he looked me right in my eyes.

"Sage, you know you can talk to me right?" he asked and I just nodded. I don't think I cam do it. I trust him, I really do but, I'm just not ready to tell him. I can't.

He grabbed my hands and continued to look at me. "Who is he?" he asked again and, I shook my head.

"I- I um." I was stuttering when I tried to form a sentence. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Can we please just talk about this another time?" I asked as I started to become teary eyed and he just nodded as pulled me into his arms and held me.

We sat with my head on his chest for a couple minutes and I started to slowly feel tired again.

"I- uh should probably go back to my room." He said as he got up and planted a kiss on my forehead. "Just come knock on my door if you need me." and with that he began to walk toward the door.