Chapter 21

TW: sexual assault/abuse

Sage's POV
"Say it again." I got up from my bed and walked up to him. I have to make sure I'm hearing this correctly.

"I said I love you Sage." He states sternly. "Twice." he adds and my heart does a million little flips.

"You aren't the kind of person to love so, I don't know if you're really sure of what you're saying." I state realistically. As good as it made me feel hearing him say those three words, I just can't be too sure he means them. This is the guy who is completely anti love. He doesn't even like settling with one person so to think that he loves little old me?

"You're right. I wasn't the kind of person to love but ever since I've met you, I've been falling and..." he profusely runs his fingers through his hair. "I guess I've just been having a hard time admitting it." He continues honestly. "You don't have to say it back or do anyth-"

I grabbed the side of his face and pulled his down to mine as I immediately went in for a kiss. Mini fireworks exploded inside once our lips touched. The kiss was slow and passionate as if we were pouring all of our emotions into the rhythmic dance of our lips. He grabbed my hips roughly and pulled me flush against him as he pushed his tongue at the seam of my lips encouraging me to open my mouth.

As soon as I did, his tongue darted inside and explored the entirety of my mouth. We didn't stop until we needed air and I slowly pulled away.

"I love you." I blurted out and he raised his eyebrows.

His lips were red and puffy and he had something close to admiration in his eyes. He'd completely let down those walls that he built. The walls I tried so hard to see through ever since I'd met him. It's like he was finally letting me in. Letting me see past his hard exterior.

In this moment, I didn't see a mafia man or, play boy, or the guy that everyone feared. I see caring, compassionate man. A man that I love. And a man that loves me.

He pulled me back in for another feverish kiss as his hands slid down my sides. He began to pull up the hem of my shirt slowly as our lips moved. Just as my shirt reached my bra straps I pulled away.

"I can't. I-I I'm not ready." I say lowly. Now I'm completely embarrassed and I quickly tug my shirt down.

"Shit." Roman curses under his breath. "Sage I'm sorry I didn't meant to make you uncomfortable." He says quickly and I shake my head.

I sit on the age of my bed and bury my face in my hands. He slowly walks up to the bed and sits beside me. He puts his arm around me and pulls me close to him.

He doesn't say a word, he just holds me as I cry debating what I should do next. Should I just tell him everything now? Should I wait? I'm already embarrassed enough right now. What girl tells a guy she loves him then freaks out when freaks out once he makes a move on her?

After a long silence I finally decide to speak.

"I want to tell you." I say, my face still buried in his chest.

"Tell me what love?" He asked and I looked up at him.

"About my past." I respond and he shakes his head.

"You don't have to do that right now. I'll wait." He says seriously.

"No, I need you to know everything now so you can decide if you really want to love me." I say nervously.

"Sage, nothing will make me not love you." He responds and after a long pause, I take a deep breath.

"I was sixteen." Is all I say and he rubs my arm, urging me to go on.