Chapter 18

Roman's POV
We walked into a small diner that I decided to stop at first. Sage was next to me, her hand in mine which was oddly comforting.

I'm still not used to these feelings. The jolt of electricity that shoots through me whenever she touches me or, the little happy dance my heart does whenever I'm just in the same vicinity as her. It's weird as fuck... I like it though.

The hostess asks "Table for two?" And I nodded. "Right this way." She added ushering us toward the back left of the restaurant.

Sage sat on one side of the booth and I slid into the other. The hostess places two menus in front of us and lets us know that our waiter will be with us shortly.

We fall into a comfortable silence as we look at the menus and in less than a minute, a tall lanky guy who looks to be maybe a junior or senior in high school approaches us. His gaze immediately goes to Sage.

"Hi, u-uhm what can I get you to drink?" He asks nervously. Not once did his eyes leave Sage.

"Can I have orange juice please." She says softly and he nods.

"Y-yeah. What about you?" He asked, glancing in my direction for just a split second.

"Coffee." I said harsher than anticipated.

"Please and thank you." Sage adds in, giving me an "are you serious?" look. The boy says he'll be back and scurries off.

"You have no manners." She stated and I rolled my eyes. "What's your problem all of a sudden?" She questioned and I audibly sighed.

"I don't have a problem." I said I said in a dull tone.

"Uh huh" she says back.

"Maybe these people need to do their jobs instead of giving you googly eyes while I'm sitting right here." I utter and she snorts. "What's so funny?" I ask and she lets out another chuckle.

"You're jealous." Is all she says and I quickly defend myself.

"No, I just don't like the way he was looking at you." I protest and she shakes her head.

"Yeah because you're jealous." She states and now I'm realizing how she must've felt that time we went out the everyone and that waitress flirted with me. I don't like the pang that I get in my chest whenever anyone even looks her direction for too long.

"Whatever." I say and this time she's full on laughing.

"It's okay, I only have googly eyes for you." She says and that makes me internally makes me smile.

The guy comes back to the table and hands us our drinks.

"Are you ready to order?" He asks, his gaze right back on Sage. She orders her food and I order mine, then the guy leaves.

"Much more polite this time." Sage declares and I shake my head with a small grin. "So... how did my clothes get to your house?" She questioned.

"I brought them there obviously." I say and she sighs. I know exactly what she's getting at but I just play dumb.

"Well no shit." She says and I don't say anything. "When did you get them? Did you leave after I went upstairs last night?" She asked.

"No, they were already there." I stated and she looks at me confusedly. "I had Grace bring them, a long with a couple other outfits from the dorm before we went to the warehouse to get you." I add.

"What?" Her face holds a surprised expression. "Why? Were you planning to make me stay with you all along?" She asked, a hint of amusement in her tone.