Chapter 4: The Gryffindor Table

Neville locked the door to the greenhouse and walked me halfway to my common room. He wanted to walk me all the way but I insisted I would be fine on my own, and it would be too risky otherwise.

As I headed back to the Slytherin common room I made sure all my buttons were buttoned correctly, and that my sweater was hidden well under my robe. I quietly sneak into the common room and try to make absolutely no noise.

I scan the room as I creep into it. No one in sight and I let out a small relieved sigh.

I begin to head towards the dorms when I hear a familiar voice whisper yelling at me.

"Hey!"

I whip my head around and find Draco with his eyebrows raised, looking down on me from the top of stairs to the boy's dormitories.

I close my eyes and let out another sigh of relief.

"Oh my goodness you scared the shit out of me Draco!" I whispered back as he began to descend down the stairs, quietly but quick.

"Right whatever but where have you been?"

I was taken slightly aback. "Excuse you but I don't need to tell you Draco, and frankly I'm sick and tired of you butting into my life all the time it's none of your business.

I've honestly had enough of how he's been acting lately like he's allowed to monitor me like a child-like he thinks he's entitled to every detail of my life.

"Wow well, I'm sorry for wondering why my best friend hasn't come back to her dorms till 1 am on a Tuesday night."

I quickly glance over at the clock. Fuck it's 1 am.

I quickly think of a lie in my head, "I ran into Harry in the halls after detention and he asked for my help with something," I say deadpan. I'm a pretty good liar, but to be frank, so are most Slytherins.

Draco began scanning my face, I could tell he wanted to believe me but wasn't convinced.

"Oh really? Okay, I'll keep that in mind."

I rolled my eyes and pushed past Draco, towards the girl's dorms. I was so exhausted and just wanted to rest in my own bed, though once Draco was out of my sight, Neville flooded my mind again. I could hear Draco whisper yelling at me, trying to get my attention but I continued till I was in my dorm.

My roommates were thankfully asleep and I did my best to not wake them. I got into bed with a clean pair of panties and just Neville's jumper. I shut my eyes and imagined being around his arms again as I quickly drifted off into sleep.

———

Thankfully I was the first of my roommates to wake up. Despite not getting nearly enough sleep, I've always been an early bird and had trouble sleeping in, even if I wanted to. I quickly changed into my own uniform and headed down to the common room.

A few kids were sitting on the couches, but none that I really cared for so I simply walked out of the dungeons and headed towards the great hall for breakfast.

It was still rather early so it wasn't too filled yet. Again, there were some Slytherin's were at the table but none that I had any desire to talk to. I've always been somewhat of an outsider to my own house, even with my friendship with Draco. I looked over at the Gryffindor table and it too was quite empty, but I started heading over anyways.

Harry, Hermione, Ron, and his other twin brothers, Fred and George, were all sitting together huddled over that paper Harry had last night. I seated myself right in between the twins so everyone immediately acknowledged my presence.