~ Kanao Tsuyuri ~

𝗞𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗼 𝗧𝘀𝘂𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶oh damn it's been a long time lmao i'm sorry but i completely forgot about wattpad i'm gonna try to remember to write for this but i can't promise it'll be very consistent writing <3

𝗞𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗼 𝗧𝘀𝘂𝘆𝘂𝗿𝗶
oh damn it's been a long time lmao i'm sorry but i completely forgot about wattpad i'm gonna try to remember to write for this but i can't promise it'll be very consistent writing <3

!!! mention of mugen train spoilers !!!

Third Person Point of View
Taking a leisurely stroll around nearby villages right after a mission was extremely calming. Being around human-eating creatures that had lost all sense of their humanity and past self was exhausting. That metallic scent known as blood that reeked horribly whenever a demon was feasting had become almost ordinary to her nose. The only people she could ever feel even an ounce of happiness towards at this point were Shinobu Kocho, and (Your Name) (Last Name).

Ever since Kanae and Shinobu took her in and took care of her, she'd always felt this odd feeling welling up within her, and didn't know nor want to express it. But when she'd met the ever so sweet (Your Name) (Last Name), all she could feel was this floating feeling. That feeling was similar to when she would visit Oyakata-Sama due to his request, but much more powerful and overwhelming. It felt like she was in complete bliss whenever (Your Name) was nearby, and unbeknownst to Kanao, (Your Name) had been feeling the exact same way.

With her footsteps making a crunchy sound against the rocky pathway, she eyed all the jewelry and gift stalls at the market right behind the village she was walking around. It had been the same market place that Shinobu would take her when she needed supplies, and the same one when Shinobu's Kasugai crow delivered the message about Rengoku Kyojuro's passing. That moment... was extremely heart breaking for both of the siblings. Although Kanao would see Rengoku visit the Butterfly Estate about three times a year, he always had a passionate and comforting aura to the young Tsuyuri. He even treated her as a younger sibling and did his best to help her grow out of her shell despite it being nearly impossible on such short periods of time.

But, after his death, she didn't want to succumb to any sort of despair or grief. She wanted to pay respects to him of course, but she knew he would be extremely disappointed if the only times she would reminisce on him turned out to be depressing. After all, she isn't the kind of person to do that or show really any sort of emotions besides contentment. But considering how incredible Rengoku was, she really doesn't want to associate him with any sad feelings. So she decided she wouldn't, and would always think of him and remember him for who he was instead of how he died.

"Oh, Kanao-chan!" A familiar voice sang out, the sound of footsteps hitting against the pebbly pathway getting closer and closer to the young tsugoku. "Hm?" Kanao squinted her eyes to get a better view of the figure in the distance who was running gleefully her way. Widening her eyes as she recognized the (hair color) hue of hair and (skin tone) skin belonging to one of the most important people in her life. "Oh, it's you." Kanao said calmly, watching the sweet girl in front of her pant as she skidded to a stop in front of her. "Phew, that took a whole lot out of me just to catch up to you, y'know! Thanks for waiting on me!" (Your Name) said in deep breaths, giving a slight smile that set off a deep blush to grow on Kanao's face. "Yes... of course." Kanao responded, using the sleeve of her Demon Slayer uniform to cover up the fact that she was as red as a beet. "Would... would you... mind... coming with me to pick up some things for Shinobu-san?" (Your Name) blinked, and gave a slight smirk as she grabbed Kanao's hand and began to run towards the nearby street shops. "Let's go!"

Time Skip of like, 7 minutes lol brought to u by watching coraline with a mug of hot chocolate :)

Kanao's feet almost feel blistered after all that walking, and now, after running for almost six minutes, she really felt bad for the bruises that definitely formed onto the soles of her feet. Giving a huff of exhaustion, Kanao glanced at the small market, and noticed all the perfect items for Shinobu's experiments and poisons. And, also, good gifts to give to Senjuro and his father. "I'm going to go to that stall over there, selling those flowers first. Please, shop wherever you'd like, you don't have to come with me." Kanao blankly stated, waiting for no response as she walked towards the shop.

Looking at the beautiful orchids, she picked out five and asked for a small container of honeydew. Giving a nod, the store vender toddled over to the side, and picked up a small little bottle of a clear-yellow tinted liquid. "That'll be 1715 yen, please!" Kanao reached into the small breast pocket and grabbed the sum of money needed, and placed it directly into their hand before giving a small wave of goodbye. Her eyes darted to the nearest stall afterwards, and quickly noticed the cute little jewelry stand that had a bunch of adorable crystal necklaces, and beautiful rings that seemed as though only the wealthiest of wealthy people would have.

Walking over there, she felt drawn towards a small little (gold/silver) ring, with a/an (birthstone) stone carefully placed on the top. As if it were the cherry to a delicious pastry, that makes it seem even more delightful. Awe-ing at it's incredible craftsmanship and beauty, Kanao deemed it worthy enough to buy and give as a token of appreciation to the girl she looked at with such fond eyes and loving gazes. "I do hope she'll enjoy the gift." The tsugoku then paid the vender the amount of yen, bidded farewell and carried onto the next shops until she gathered all she needed.

"Kanao-chan, wait up!" That unforgettable voice yelled out, reminiscent to the calling from earlier that same day. "Have you finished up your shopping? I got everything I hoped to get, I hope you did as well!" She said kindly, a warm smile adorned on her face as per usual. "Yes, indeed I did." Kanao, straight to the point, spoke with a blank tone. "That's great! I had a lot of fun seeing you since I know how busy we've both been. This is kind of abrupt, but I have to get going. This was a lot of fun, and I wish to see you again soon!" (Your Name) stated as she began to turn around quickly and walk in a fast pace.

Heart beating loudly, Kanao called out to (Your Name). "Wait.. Wait!" That same blood-rushing, and heart thumping feeling began to arise as she mustered up whatever courage she could to aid her in this very moment. "Yes, Kanao-chan?" (Your Name) turned back around, watching closely as said girl reached for a small pouch in her bag full of items she bought from the market. "I.. I got something for you," She took out the pouch, holding it delicately in her hands as she held her eyes shut tightly. "P.. Please take it!" Shoving it into the other ones hands, she blushed, if possible, even darker than the blush she wore from when she first recognized her feelings of attachment towards (Your Name).

"Oh, thank you so much, Kanao-chan!" Opening the pouch and taking hold of the small ring, she stared in wonder at the jewel and ring as she put it on her index finger. "I love it, it's so pretty! Aaa, I can't believe you bought this for me, thank you again!" Rushing into a teddy-bear embrace, (Your Name) pushed her face into Kanao's neck with a burning heat making way up her cheeks.

"It.. was nothing really. I'm very glad you like it."

"Just so you know, I'll love anything you'll give me, Kanao-chan!"

"Thank... you, (Your Name)-san. I appreciate it a lot. It really was nothing, and I hope to buy you even more gifts that compliment you."

"I'll accept them, any time, any day!! A gift from you is like a gift from god, Kanao-chan!"

"Please don't say that. Also, shouldn't you be heading to where you need to go?"

...

"AAAAA YOU'RE RIGHT, THANK YOU KANAO-CHAN! I'LL SEE YOU SOON"

"See you... soon."