Welcome Home

Pony's POV

It's been few days, Johnny is getting better but no one knows about Dolly. Poor girl

Steve and Dal have been arguing over and over again. When their not arguing their silent. Not a word said.

I was eating breakfast with everyone when Dal came in and looked at Steve. They both nodded and looked at Darry before going in the other room to talk.

Everyone looked at each other confused. It must have been about Dolly because their the only ones who knew what was happening with her. I assume they just kept quite around us till all three came back into the kitchen. Steve sat back at the table and Dally sat in Darry's chair in the living room.

"Hey guys so.. we have an update on Dolly" Darry announced

"Is she okay?"

"How is she?"

Everyone bagged with question except Steve and Dal who sat quietly

"S-She's okay, She's fine and getting better. She'll be coming home soon" everyone else cheered until Darrel interrupted

"But-.. She is still very traumatized. Dal and Steve have been visiting her for awhile and she's ready to come home. Now some things half to change. First off don't be bringing up the situation. It's bad enough situation as it is. Two, she is not to be alone especially walking on these streets, so someone's gotta be with her"

"And who ever she's with needs to carry a damn blade at all times!" Dal said

"Right" Darry nodded "another thing is.. she is very skittish right now. Just like Johnny but different."

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Meaning she's scared of everyone. Most importantly males. So don't be touching her either!" Steve snapped standing next to his chair and Soda put his hand on Steve's shoulder to calm him down. Dal stood up and walked in

"You'll half to excuse our friend here. It's his fault this happen in the first place." Dal said leaning against the archway.

"My fault!!" Steve shouted standing back up

"Yeah your fault. None of this would have happen if you didn't keep an eye on her but instead you were hooking up with some broad" Dally yelled back.

"I was not, and you know that. It was a misunderstanding and she forgave me now get over yourself. Besides it is none of your business"

"OH its none of my business!?! Hate to tell you this but she's my sister-" they kept going as Dolly walked in.

Her hair isn't as curly as usual. She didn't have any makeup on. She wore a red and white stripped shirt and with white overalls. She had some white chuck taylor's on, She was shorter then usual, almost shorter then me.

She looked a bit skinny. She held a worried look. The look of someone who's lost. Like a kid at the park who lost their parent.

The door creaked close. Everyone went silent and looked at her. Soda stood up went to hug her but she flinched away.

"Its okay.." Steve said calmly and held out his arms for her. She hesitantly walked into his arms.

"Welcome home, Dolly" Darrel said and she nodded.

"We promise will get those guys for you" Two-bit defended patting her back and she flinched, letting out a gasp.

"Good going, two" Steve smacked the back of Two's head. Dolly squeezed her eyes shut.

"Oh Dolly, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" Steve said softly and gently rubbed her cheek.

"Hey keep your hands off her. Don't be touchin her" Dally shoved Steve's away from her and Steve looked at him angrily

"How about you don't touch me" Steve said shoving Dallas. That was the wrong move. Dolly knew it too. She quickly went towards Sodapop, who welcomed her with open arms. She stood in front of him in his embrace.

Dallas threw the first punch, hitting Steve in the face. They ended up fighting and Dolly was crying. Darry was trying to break up Dallas and Steve.

"Hey Ponyboy, can you take her to our room. away from here?" Soda asked holding her lightly

"yeah sure" I said

"Great, just be gentle with her, okay?" Soda says and I nodded. Before I stood up and she walked next to me towards my room.

As Soda joins in to break up Dallas and Steve. They beginning to bleed. I could hear their shouting and heavy breathing from the end of the hall. The insults they threw at each other made Dolly just more upset.