the wind | keigo takami angst

prompt: something interrupts Keigo otherwise peaceful patrol

warning: descriptions of blood and such

word count: 594

.・-: ✧ :- second-person point of view -: ✧ :-・.

The wing blew through Keigo's blond hair as he glided across the sky. Patrol as a hero had been quiet that evening. Well, it had been quiet to the best of his knowledge. Keigo was beginning to think he could get home early that night. Maybe he could take you out to dinner or go see a movie, oh, he'd love that. Alas, things would never be that simple for the second-best hero.

The skies were clear and the sun was heading for the horizon. Keigo looked down at the city below him: bust people, busy streets, nothing new. He swept over a collection of closely set buildings, peering carefully at the dark alleyways beneath him. The sight flashed before his eyes for a brief second, but it was enough to register in his mind. There was someone in the alley he just passed laying on the ground.

Diving down, Keigo landed on the concrete ground and easily finding the body thrown to the side by someone in a hurry. However, it was no ordinary body. Takami recognized the colors that looked so good on them, the hair he loved to play with as they spent nights next to each other, and the frail broken spirit of the hero that laid half-dead in the alleyway. It was (Y/n), a professional hero, and Keigo's partner of two whole years.

In a heartbeat, Keigo rushed over to your limp body. Your blood dripped from a wound that would not easily recover from. The red-stained the stone under you and soon, the clothes Keigo wore as he cradled you in his arms, shellshocked.

Keigo had hardly worried about you in the past. He was worry-free not because he didn't love you and need you in his life, but because he knew, or he thought he knew, you were not helpless without him. He was wrong, the love of his life wasn't invincible, you were, in fact, skin and bones just like everyone else.

In a panic, Keigo held you close and got on the fastest route to the nearest hospital. He didn't check your pulse, he merely assumed you were still alive. He was too afraid to find the answer for himself. How could he go on without you? He couldn't, it was that simple.

Keigo desperately attempted to swallow the tears threatening to blurry his vision and pour down his face. If he began to cry now, he would surely crash and perhaps kill both himself and who he was carrying. Keigo couldn't find the strength to stop the tears and opted to let them come in hopes of being able to see quickly once again.

He could feel his heart thumping in his chest as he stumbled through the atmosphere. Keigo didn't understand what was going on, let alone why some higher power allowed such a thing to happen in the first place. What if he lost you? What if his efforts were futile, and you were already dead? What if he failed to save the one good thing in his life?

He couldn't bear the thought, not even for a second. The hospital was in sight, he was so close. Keigo flew with everything he had; he flew for everything he had. He couldn't lose you, not like this. If you were to pass away, heaven forbid, Keigo was not going to allow you to have your final breaths in a dingy alleyway. He just wanted you to be okay, nothing else mattered. Nothing else mattered. Nothing mattered but you.

The wind blew through Takami's blond hair as he glided across the sky.