non-feral | katsuki bakugo fluff

A/n: I really like this idea for a one-shot, but, uh, feel free to write this prompt better then I did...

Prompt: During their third year at UA, Bakugo meets (Y/n) and to get her favor, finally attempts to not act like a feral animal

Warning: None, actually

Word count: 720

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

Going to a hero school afforded you some great opportunities, which is why the bar for getting accepted is so high. Unfortunately, at the end of middle school, you were not skilled enough to get into the top hero school, UA. But now, you had a shot to prove yourself when your school was scheduled to face off against UA High for an intense training exercise. Point was, you were thrilled to get to beat the crap out of the kids who beat you out for the spot in their class. 

You had grown so much since the end of middle school, after all, it was your third year and you were close to graduating. With a grin, you used your powerful quick to knock another UA student to the ground. You were surprised at how easy it was, but there were a handful of kids from class 3-A (previously class 1-A) that you gave you a little trouble. They were tougher than the rest. But as for the others, it was like tearing copy paper if you were perfectly honest. You felt confident and satisfied that you were capable of championing over those who had once beaten you. Oh, what a joyous feeling it was. But your ability to so effortlessly conquer garnered you some attention, specifically from Katsuki Bakugo. 

It only made sense that the most destructive boy found himself inexplicitly attracted to the most destructive girl. Alas, the young adult became panicked. He was self-aware enough to know how uncharming and coarse he was, especially with girls he was interested in. So, with limited time and no other options, he turned to his "friends" for help. 

"Oi, dunce face!" Bakugo shouted, grabbing Kaminari's attention.

"What's up?" He asked, completely unphased by the offensive nickname. 

"How do you... " Bakugo hesitated, not wanting the inevitable teasing that would come from admitting it. "How do you talk to girls?" Kaminari blinked twice in a row, unable to process his friend's words. 

"I'm sorry," Kaminari spoke. "Are you asking for my advice on asking out a girl?" 

"No!" Bakugo quickly exclaimed in defense. "Maybe... " 

"Aw, does Bakugo have a crush?" Kaminari cooed, poking Bakugo on the shoulder. Bakugo smacked his hand away, resisting the urge to knocked the boy over entirely. 

"I don't know," Bakugo confessed. "How do I talk to her?" 

"Why don't you just tell her what you like about her?" Kirishima suggested, joining the conversation he was overhearing. "Which one is she? Point her out!" Tired of his friends' useless talk, Bakugo walked away rather tense. He looked across the room as you recovered from the training exercise. Something about you was just so alluring, he struggled to put his finger on it. Maybe it was your strength... 

Maybe it was that stunning (e/c) to your eyes that sparkled when you attacked... 

Maybe it was your cute grin... 

Maybe it was all of those things and more, but Bakugo was determined to at least talk to you. He walked across the room to where you stood, trading feedback with your friends about the recent fight. He cleared his throat and your friends looked at each other with a giggle before scattering. You smiled at him, having not yet officially met. 

"Can I help you?" You asked curiously. It was clear that he was slightly nervous, but you didn't know him personally, so you didn't note it. 

"I think the way you destroy stuff is hot," Bakugo blurted out, doing his best to take Kirishima's advice. Your face instantly flushed, an awkward smile spreading across your face. 

"R-Really?" You clarified, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n), by the way." 

"Katsuki Bakugo," He introduced himself, warming up a bit. "And, yeah, I think it's really hot. Would you... Would you want to go out sometime?" Your smile never faded, nodding your head. 

"I think that'd be nice," You stated. There was a moment of silence and you laughed nervously. You thought he was very cute, why not give him a shot? 

"Okay, cool," Bakugo said, a small smile on his face. "Can I have your number?" 

"Totally!" You quickly scrawled out your phone number with a nearby marker across Bakugo's hand. Of course, you didn't bring your cell phone's into training. Unfortunately, your teachers soon called everyone's attention. For the rest of the day, Bakugo stared proudly at the numbers on his hand.