meeting you | rumi usagiyama (miriko) fluff [female reader-request]

Prompt: (Y/n) is a big fan of Miriko, but when she finally gets to meet her, she's very nervous and hopes next time will go smoother

Warning: None

Word count: 536

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

You were beyond thrilled to finally be able to meet the Rabbit Hero herself Miriko. You admired her as a strong female hero, and you thought she was very beautiful as well, but that's beside the point. The queue to meet her was rather long, but it was worth the wait. She was so much different in person; well-built and radiating a charismatic aura that drew everyone in.

"It's an honor to meet you," You managed to say without stuttering as you shook her hand.

"That honor's mine," Miriko said when she smiled. "What's your name?"

"Oh, (Y-Y/n)," You introduced yourself a bit nervously. She wasn't intimidating per se, but the energy she gave off made you a bit flustered.

"You're pretty cute, (Y/n), ya single?" She asked boldly. It was no surprise that Miriko didn't hesitate to speak whatever was on her mind, but you hadn't expected her to outright hit on you! You fumbled over your words, utterly unable to calmly respond. Miriko chuckled, but not in a mocking way, she thought your nervousness was cute. Alas, you were ushered away so the pro hero could get to the rest of her patiently waiting fans. However, before you were completely out of ear-shot, Miriko said,

"Hope we meet again some time."

Miriko's words really stuck with you. Did she really think you were pretty? Did she really want to see you again? You had only spoken for perhaps a minute or two, so you guessed with disappointment it was a courtesy thing. At least, that was what you assumed for a week and a half.

You were walking home from work, as you did every weekday. But, the events that unfolded before your eyes shattered any sense of normalcy you felt that day. As you crossed a pretty crowded area of the block, a wild villain appeared! In a panic, everyone around you attempted to scatter off in every direction to avoid getting killed. Due to the chaos, you were knocked to the pavement below you. You covered your head with your arms and forwarded on the ground.

"Ha!" You heard a somewhat familiar voice cry. You peeked up from between your fingers to see none other than Miriko herself fending off the villain. Seeing videos online of heroes fighting villains was sure different than seeing it in person. You somehow scrambled to your feet in an attempt to run away, but you managed to stumble over your own limbs and scrape your knees and palms as you tried to catch yourself.

Suddenly, you felt a strong grip around your waist. You were hoisted up off the ground and held like a princess by the hero who came to your rescue. Miriko lept into the air whilst also holding onto you. She maneuvered through the block to find a safe place to let you go.

"When I said I hoped to I'd see you again, I would've wanted it to be under better circumstances," Miriko remarked with a smirk as she set you down. You felt your face flush as you brushed off your clothes awkwardly.

"Y-Yeah, me too," You said with a little smile. "Let's hope it'll be better next time, right?"

"Right!" And with that, Miriko returned to the villain to finish her job.