priorities | hitoshi shinso bittersweet

prompt: the couple fights

warning: strong language and a verbal fight

word count: 1282

.・-: ✧ :- second-person point of view -: ✧ :-・.

You struggled to recall the last time you went on a date. Your memories fogged over when you tried to recall a recent moment of quality time. One thing you did know was painful: it had been too long since he last kissed you. He was your boyfriend, but lately, it felt like he was just a ghost. Flowing in and out, sometimes making a sound, sometimes remaining invisible, but always leaving you feeling cold.

Shinso had always dreamed of being a hero, even though he was told his entire life his quirk could only be used for evil. He was going to change their minds; he was going to show them all that he could be the greatest hero. Shinso had always been a hard worker and dedicated to the select things he truly cared about. You had always thought you were one of those things.

You rubbed your face with your hands in frustration. He was late. Again. Did he take on an extra shift and not tell you about it? It was frustrating how you hardly got to see the man you were supposed to love. You tolerated him ignoring you and your needs because you knew how important his dream was to him. You desperately wanted to see him succeed, but you wanted your relationship to succeed as well.

"Where have you been?" You asked as Shinso finally entered his apartment. It was past eleven. He was supposed to get home at six.

"I was working," Shinso stated with a tired voice. He lazily slipped off his shoes and jacket with a yawn.

"You're always working," You reminded him while crossing your arms over your chest.

"I just worked some overtime," Shinso explained. "I'm close to getting that promotion, it's just going to take me going the extra mile."

"And how long have you been doing that?" You asked, sitting down beside him on the sofa.

"I don't know..." Shinso confessed, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Six months, Hitoshi," You said with a sigh. "I'm worried you're overworking yourself. You're never home when I stop by, you're always late, you constantly look exhausted, and you've bailed the past four times we've tried to go out."

"I'm sorry I've just been busy," Shinso said, not looking you in the eye but rather staring at his feet.

"Is there any way you can not be so busy?" You asked, desiring your boyfriend to be in your life again.

"You want me to stop when I'm this close?" Shinso asked in a confused tone. "I've worked my whole life for this, and you know that (Y/n)."

"That's not what I'm asking," You clarified. "I'm just asking for my boyfriend back, okay?"

"What?" Shinso was getting frustrated now. He looked at you.

"We don't spend any time together anymore," You admitted, feeling guilty about having to almost nag him when he was this tired. However, you didn't know when you would get another chance to see him.