rooftop | mirio togata fluff

prompt: Mirio meets with (Y/n) on a rooftop

warning: none

word count: 814

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚ Second Person point of view ˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

A few stray stars littered the night sky. A few glimmers of silver amidst the dark lapis gave you a small semblance of peace. As much as staring up into the endless atmosphere would have been nice, you had important matters to tend to. You looked down at the street below you, cars sped by, and people went about their busy lives without a clue of your existence.

"You're late," You said, removing your arms from their folded position across your chest.

"Sorry! I got held up at school," Mirio admitted, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck as he approached you. You turned around to face the boy, an unamused expression on your face.

"Any longer and I would've suspected this was a set-up," You stated, stepping away from the ledge of the building roof.

"I wouldn't do that," Mirio told you. "I don't think you'd talk to anyone else."

"That's because I don't trust anyone else," You admitted with a small smirk. It was the truth. Throughout a life of looking over your shoulder and keeping your guard up, the solace you found in his eyes was addicting. You cleared your throat, pulling your mind back on track.

"The Leauge of Villains has plans to break into a warehouse," You explained, returning to your deadpan demeanor. "The goal's to steal the weapons being stored there."

"That's all you can tell me?" Mirio asked, stepping closer to you.

"That's all I know," You responded, handing him a piece of paper with the warehouse location. He reached to take it, but his hand instead clasped over yours, the slip of paper held still between your palms. Mirio stepped closer, tugging on your arm to get you to step forward. With a tiny smile, you closed the gap between yourself and Mirio. You kept your other arm by your side, but he tilted your chin up to meet your lips. His lips were so soft against yours; a tenderness that was foreign to you.

Your relationship with Mirio Togata was... complicated. He had feelings for you; strong, passionate, and dedicated feelings for you. He knew he was some kind of in love with you the moment he saw you, even though the first time he saw you, you were trying to kill him. He lost his breath when you pinned him to the ground, your quirk at the ready. Your eyes mesmerized him, completely rendering him defenseless.

You had feelings for him; new, precious, and wonderful feelings for him. He gave you butterflies so easily, you wondered how he did it. Something about him just drew you in and kept you there. His kind and optimistic nature was a breath of fresh air. At this point, you were too far gone and you felt as if you needed him.

What made it complicated was the fact that you worked for The League of Villains. It wasn't your fault that you were born into a life of crime and villainy. You had no way out, either. You hated your job and regretted the times before you didn't hate it. You wished to atone for your sins, hence feeding information to the heroes whenever you could.

"Kissing you is the highlight of my week," Mirio muttered breathlessly. He kept his eyes closed, resting his forehead against yours with a careless grin.

"Mine too," You sighed in bliss. "C-Can you do it again?" Mirio chuckled, nodding his head.

"Of course," He told you. "Anything for you, my no good criminal." You laughed as he connected your lips again, pulling you ever so closer. You felt like you were melting in his arms. Like all good things, it had to come to an end. You pulled away, your cheeks becoming incredibly warm.

"You should go," You mumbled dolefully. "We don't want anyone to notice we're up here."

"You've got a point," Mirio said, backing away from you. He still held your hand, reluctant to let it go. Mirio knew how many worlds apart you existed in. He only longed to spend more time together. He wanted to tell his friends about you. He wanted to take you home to meet his parents. He wanted to be with you, like a normal couple.

"But I want to spend all night with you," Mirio admitted, knowing full well that was a selfish thing to want.

"Doing what?" You wistfully asked, your fingers gently playing with his hand.

"Anything," Mirio told you with a small shrug. "Everything." You chuckled, pecking his cheek.

"Not now," You whispered with a rare smile. "But maybe I'll sneak into your dorm late tonight, who knows." He let go of your hand, taking the piece of paper you held with him. Before Mirio could say goodbye, you had slipped away into the night. You had a habit of doing that. Just as mysteriously you had entered his life, you disappeared until he was lucky enough to see you again.