the florence nightingale effect | izuku midoriya fluff

prompt: (Y/n) is a nurse, the top hero Deku has a habbit of ending of in the hospital

warning: I know nothing about medical procedures lol feel free to correct what I've gotten wrong

word count: 762

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

You felt guilty for feeling such a rush of excitement. It was such a pure and giddy form of admiration that sparked inside when word spread through the halls that one of the top heroes was being brought in as they spoke. It made you feel horrible that your heart skipped a beat at the prospect of an innocent hero needing to be brought into the hospital. But you couldn't help it, only he could bring out that school-girl-like side of you: Deku. You opened the door, finding the hero waiting in the hospital bed with his arm propped up in a brace.

"Welcome back," You greeted with a smirk. "What happened this time?" The hero smiled nervously, awkwardly chuckling. You read over the chart attached to the bed. A simple closed fracture, his left wrist. This was by far the most tame injury you have witnessed him sustain.

"Same as always," He told you somewhat sheepishly.

"You got in over your head but won in the end due to the power of determination and idealistic heroism?" You clarified sarcastically, making him laugh anxiously. He nodded his head shyly.

"Sorry!" The young man used the arm that wasn't restrained to scratch the back of his neck.

"You don't have to apologize, it's your job," You stated, reaching for the man's arm as you started to take off the brace. "And I'm not going to apologize for doing mine." You took the hero's arm, bending his hand in the proper direction. You heard him wince and saw how he tensed up. You worked quickly to get his arm still and plastered.

"How are you feeling?" You asked, hating to see the pained look on his face. 

"I'm okay," He said confidently, an encouraging smile breaking out across his face. You knew he was bending the truth, but his smile put you at ease. It was such a bright and kind smile, one you could see yourself falling in love with. In fact, you were willing to bet you already had. His sweethearted nature made it difficult for anyone not to fall for him. You caught yourself staring. You quickly diverted your attention, jotting something down onto his chart.

"So... " Deku spoke up, "do you have any plans for this weekend?"

"Just work," You said casually with a small shrug. You heard him clear his throat, sitting up properly.

"W-Well, m-maybe..." He stuttered, struggling to find his words. "Maybe once you're done, w-we could do something to-together?" You paused. Deku felt his breath become heavier than stone in that moment. The anticipation that came with awaiting your response made him want to vomit. He had never asked someone on a date before, part of him wondered if you even knew his intentions. You turned your head, looking at the hero with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you just ask me out?" You inquired, still unsure whether your ears were playing tricks on your. You saw his bright pink cheeks and fearful expression. For someone who goes toe-to-toe with the most dangerous villains in the nation, you were somewhat surprised he looked so terrified.

"If I was, w-would you say yes?" He asked, more doubtful than you've never seen him. Was he really so nervous? You were just a nurse, he was one of the top heroes. What on earth did he have to be nervous about?

"I would," You told him honestly.

"Really?" His eyes sparkled when he heard your answer. You swore he was just about the cutest thing on the planet. You nodded your head, laughing slightly.

"It's a shame, though" You remarked with a sigh. "All you'll be doing this weekend is resting thanks to that fracture of yours. I'm not Recovery Girl, ya know." It seemed reality dawned on the man. He would be out of commission for a while. There were other heroes with quirks like the aforementioned Recovery Girl, but they were rare and wouldn't stop by to fix a common fracture. A frown settled on his handsome features. He looked so disappointed. You smiled.

"Sorry, doctor's orders," You told him. "That cast should be set in a few minutes and someone'll be here with your realase paperwork." You walked to the door, glancing back at him to see how disheartened he had become. You bit the inside of your cheek, fighting a grin. You hated to do this to him, but the opportunity was one you refused to miss. You opened the hospital room door. Before closing it, you told him,

"But by next weekend you should be able to manage that date," You said. "Hopefully I won't see you until then, Deku."