Chapter Ten

All along I knew I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me

"Why do you keep smiling like that?" I asked when we got back to the tower. Ever since we left the safe house he's been smiling. We are in his room, or I guess our room? I haven't slept in the room I was given since I got here. So I guess our room.

"Do you want one?" He asked. "A child?"

"That's what this is about?" I asked with a smile tugging my lips. The idea of having kids made me smile. Tiny us running around. It would be interesting, but it would be nice. "Children? Little Russian Bird Brains?"

"Just answer the question," he said with a soft smile.

"I mean sometimes possibly. I don't really want to drag kids into HYDRA or the Red Room. Everytime you think you are away from it they find you or let you know you are there. I know you're a superhero and whatever but my life doesn't believe in those. Besides me as a mother would end terribly."

"I highly doubt that," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist like he always does. "I saw the way you were with them even over the phone."

"I don't want to ruin another life. I don't want them to know I've done things that no one should have done. Clint, I was... I was trained to manipulate kids to kill them. I was trained to do terrible things to them. God I should have shot myself."

"Don't say that," he whispered. "I don't ever want to hear you say that."

I turned towards him, wrapping my arms around him. How did I end up with someone like him as a soulmate? I don't deserve it. I really don't. But yet I got stuck with him.

"You're better than okay," I whispered.

"You're better than okay too," he said, tilting my chin up to look at him. Lips came crashing into mine making me smile. It was interrupted by a knock on the door.

I groaned, pulling away. I went to the door and opened it to see Natalia and Faith standing there.

"He's here," Faith said happily.

"Who?" I asked.

"Harper! He came early! He's training us!" she said.

"Wait! Really?! I completely forgot," I said.

"How? You won't stop talking about it," Natalia said.

"Well things have happened this morning."

They both nodded.

"I'll meet you down there," I said. They both nodded walking down the hall. I closed the door, putting my back against it. I sighed into my hands and looked up to see Clint standing there eyeing me. I slid to the floor.

"What's the matter?" he asked, sitting next to me.

"I haven't practiced in a week. I've gained ten pounds and how am I going to tell him about Tyler? He knows my past. He's going to blame me," I sighed. I put my head on his shoulder.

"He's not going to blame you. You had nothing to do with the attack. They wanted Tyler. If they wanted you then they would have taken you not him. And come on, it's Rick. He loves you."

"Yeah, I guess it's true. Okay I have to train. I get to train!" I hopped off the floor and walked into the closet. I came back out in spandex and a sports bra. I'm not covered in as many bruises anymore. Clint wanted me to be better about treating them or whatever.

"Alright, you ready?" Clint asked, getting up.

"Yeah," I said walking out the door.