𝗩𝗜𝗜- battle

War and death should be synonyms. Not that the meanings were the same, the outcomes were blended and bleached together as one tear-filled line.

The familiar morning where an army was chasing after your head, rejoicing in the possibility of your death. Where all thoughts of malice and peace swirled together without mixing.

The usual quiet breakfast, spoons scraping down, fighting for remnants left. Measure breaths breathed into a glass as liquid was gulped down in an attempt to hydrate the body.

Many thought it was heathen to let such a figure to stay alive—for Technobllade to rest in peace after slamming thousands, shamming family names that proceeded for generations. There their deception grew, Technoblade never felt peace.

An elusive expression on his face, Eun stares at him, fringe refusing to stay still as the wind ravaged through it in a light breeze. Grass stay peeled in its daily work of staying alive.

The dim cavernous battle field before numerous beating footsteps shook the ground in correlation to the army of soldiers which appeared over the rounded hill. Horizon hidden from the figures as they emerged.

Eun's eyes shifts to her hand, where an aureate gauntlet stay. Flexing her fingers to become familiar with, and as she did Technoblade asked,
       "You think those are fair?"

She cracked her neck slowly, flexing her fingers.
       "All warfare is based on deception"

Though apparent a less known village tried their luck, in some fairytale way of playing hero. A way to earn respect from the higher up, or to earn reprisal for their own griefs, in how families, and friends were murdered with the cold blade, blood spilled on the shivering soil.

The composed duo stood atop the hill, dull as ever, between the two no expression was expressed. Just blank eyes meeting thousands of open flames, eyes fiery with adrenaline of war. The shame of it all is Eun and Technoblade might aswell of been psychics for this particular battle.

Some forget that it is not permanent ink, a reminder that anyone could turnover, through his stale lips, malignant tendencies broke through his smile, in the sight of the helpless mortals who walked the pavement of false hope. Where the pavement would soon vanish without a trace and bodies would helplessly plunge into the blood spilled ground, crying out for life, a waste of breath to the inevitable.

Eun had her sword covered by her sheath, she bore no different clothing. A usual white blouse. It showed how battle was no different from a regular day. An insult. White clothing soon to be stained with the last shots of pain surged through veins before recklessly spilled without a second though to it.

Her cape? was discared, when asked she simply stated 'it gives no positives' Technoblade speculated it had sentimental value written all over it, and she would never forgive themselves for rupturing it.

"Will we win?" A question which was rhetorical.

Something clicked in Eun's mind, she was no longer sarcastic, no quipped remarks, her face was rigorous, like when a child is in danger, a mother finds abrupt strength. This particular scene, she could either be the villain or victim.
"As usual."

Eyes still grey though a delectable raise of the eyebrow, of course the soldiers hadn't came to fight Eun aswell, no one in their right mind would fight both, though underestimating still wore weary on their tongues.

So you could only imagine how eyes bulged out of their heads in surprise when they caught sight of two, though this happened none fled.

A curt nod and her bow was loaded, an arrow flies towards the grass, missing any human. Shrills of the supposed missed action made humour reverberate through crowd.

Mocking sniggers were chronic.

That was before an invisible line emerged into bribing flames, following its played out path in front of the group, front line stepping back instantly as some frantically patted out fire-engulfed clothing.

Before a line of fire burns in a line, some flames the straying to a line lay under soldiers foot, screams of terror arose where the chunks of people caught fire like a cold in the winter.

Once the chill of the morning wore away, the dying flames and dainty flowers were cut into shred as forced footsteps pelted in the ground in bloodlust. Eun and Technoblade lay their eyes upon the group, hands girded around the hilt, pulling out with a sharp echo as anticipation grew in the pit of her stomach.

Guilt followed quickly after at the thought of being excited for death, but death was inviting with its filthy open palms, action given a simple wordless invitation. One she accepted.

    'blood' the voices chanted 'blood for the blood god'

The innate voices edged him into his first measured footsteps, then breaking to a run, strong legs hitting the floor in heavy steps, grass flattening underneath him. Both hands held on his trustworthy axe, leaping as high as the heavens, now coming down like lightning strike, in the mist of a group chaos followed him.

Watching as he fell into familiar steps, the last intake of metallic-less air before her footsteps followed him, leaping the same he did, falling into the merciless swing of her sword and ruthless smirk of her lips.

Black clouds gathered the sky in safety of each other. and like the moon, Eun had a side of that was so dark, that not even sunlight dared to infiltrate her. The only viable verdure was the deep roots stemming from shards of a broken soul, reflecting on memories that might as well of been as permanent as her scar.

The duo devouring completely.

Dilapidated bodies freezing before collapsing on themselves, indelible crimson splattered on her shirt. She stepped forward, arms swing across, heads chopped off in a sleek line, already spun around for the next attacking mass.

Lunging forward, swords inserting into lurching stomachs, blood covering the silver metal, leg simultaneous kicking out, earning a grunt as body's stumbled back into other, one with the dead.

The mass was minimising, more bodies lay than standing, peering over to Technoblade who swiftly dodged through them with ease, the split second where she lost concentration, a cold metal inserted into her stomach, this must've made Technoblade turn his head because mere seconds after a lose grunt of pain was heard.

A sharp object that felt like metal, it must've been metal. If she were not opposed to life, maybe she would've perished. And death was not fun.

Death might only be permitted as fun when venomous green ivy deprived of hope, wrap lovingly around your oxygen passage until red wine spills from unseeing eyes. In where the murderer was jubilant in those who found satisfaction in unforgiving actions. Not like she would know.

And the ending grew near, the last few who were either cowards, hanging low behind the mass of dying members, or those who had finally staggered from the floor, blood dripping down, a harsh reality that death was opening its hands in invitation, but they wouldn't accept until they were forcefully put down.

There was the end, adrenaline scaling their veins like a rock climber. All left was laboured breathing, both had stopped. A stinging pang in Eun's stomach.

The dark hour ended with seeping blood and shallowed breath.

And their breathing chorused together. His eyes held somber as he stared over the bodies like a king, eyes then flicking to Eun, and something sparked.

He ran, he had ran over to Eun, who although bore an injury which she bled out, she felt fine. And Technoblade wrapped an arm under her shoulder, handing her other around his shoulder.

But before the two abandoned their sins, one last look at the bodies, which piled like discarded clothes.

       "C'est dommage." Technoblade says.

Eun didn't know the immortal spoke french, but what else would you expect from an immortal. And she added her own simple words because after all, she was an immortal too.

       "C'est."

__________

thank you so much for 100 reads!!! i hope your liking the story so far <3